No announcement yet.

Mali-T764 Clock Speed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm even tried this overclock kernel http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/cpu18...eelink-r89.zip on my default bluetimes firmware but no change in GPU clock.

Any step I'm done wrong ?

Comment

Originally posted by tabnk View Post
      I'm on default Bluetimes Firmware came with the TV BOX. I'm exported the resource.img from the TV BOX and than modified resource.img with Hex editor.

Freq
      0007A120 to 000927C0 @ 600 Mhz
      Voltage
      00118C30 to 001312D0 @ 1.25v

Lastly, I'm did flash back to system resource.
      Nicely done. I did identical modification to my resource file.

If you still can't see any result answer me this:
      1. Which method did you use to flash back resource.img? Android Tool 2.3 or dd command?
      2. How did you check if GPU is OCed? cat /sys/devices/ffa30000.gpu/clock?
      RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
      Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
      bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Used dd method.
        "dd of=/dev/block/mtd/by-name/resource if=/sdcard/resource.img bs=1024 count=114"

I'm tried
        cat /sys/devices/ffa30000.gpu/clock but max at 480Mhz only. I'm also tried 3DMark but no improvement in fps at all.

Did you flash kernel.img or anything else ?

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
        Nicely done. I did identical modification to my resource file.

If you still can't see any result answer me this:
        1. Which method did you use to flash back resource.img? Android Tool 2.3 or dd command?
        2. How did you check if GPU is OCed? cat /sys/devices/ffa30000.gpu/clock?
        Last edited by tabnk; 02-17-2015, 09:40.

Comment

You can omit "bs=1024 count=114" part, but didn't you forgot to reboot your device? Resource file is read during kernel boot only. There is no need to flash kernel.img again.
          RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
          Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive

Comment

Did both reboot and shutdown. No improvement in 3DMark or Antutu.

Does omitting "bs=1024 count=114" help ?

I'm using stock bluetimes firmware, could this limit the clock rate ?

You can omit "bs=1024 count=114" part, but didn't you forgot to reboot your device? Resource file is read during kernel boot only. There is no need to flash kernel.img again.

Comment

Sorry I made you worry . There is nothing wrong with your dd command syntax. I even recommend using bs=1024 or grater because default one is only 512 bytes.

Checking OC with benchmarking is quite a good idea. I use similar method to confirm that most kernels on my device (wasser's, OHC, mo123) wouldn't allow to set RK3288 CPU above 1608MHz which was detected by Oman from Beelink. But I didn't heard similar story about GPU. Even ACT8846 regulator "confirms" (cat /sys/class/regulator/regulator.14/microvolts) that vdd_gpu voltage is really set to 1 250 000 uV when GPU is supposedly running at 594MHz (echo "off" > /sys/devices/ffa30000.gpu/dvfs) which isn't so with CPU OC.

One thing which come to my mind is that memory performance in your device isn't adequate to see difference bettween 480MHz and 594MHz GPU. Therefor you must OC memory now . I have seen quite nice rise in benchmark score for just CPU intensive task (SunSpider 1.0.2 went down from 750 to 710ms) when I changed normal memory clock from 456 do 600MHz @1.25V. And now I even have video_4K profile (triggered by writting "1,w=3840,h=1960,v=1" and holding open /dev/video_state file) set to 700MHz@1,35V but I doesn't use it often because it probably casued device to reboot some time ago after intensive game play.

Comment

Thank for advice.

I'm did flashed (cpu1800-ddr600-gpu600) from wasser resource.img http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/cpu18...eelink-r89.zip but no improvement at all.

Tomorrow, I'm will try on my original resource.img and modify the DDR3 freq/volt.

Sorry I made you worry . There is nothing wrong with your dd command syntax. I even recommend using bs=1024 or grater because default one is only 512 bytes.

Checking OC with benchmarking is quite a good idea. I use similar method to confirm that most kernels on my device (wasser's, OHC, mo123) wouldn't allow to set RK3288 CPU above 1608MHz which was detected by Oman from Beelink. But I didn't heard similar story about GPU. Even ACT8846 regulator "confirms" (cat /sys/class/regulator/regulator.14/microvolts) that vdd_gpu voltage is really set to 1 250 000 uV when GPU is supposedly running at 594MHz (echo "off" > /sys/devices/ffa30000.gpu/dvfs) which isn't so with CPU OC.

One thing which come to my mind is that memory performance in your device isn't adequate to see difference bettween 480MHz and 594MHz GPU. Therefor you must OC memory now . I have seen quite nice rise in benchmark score for just CPU intensive task (SunSpider 1.0.2 went down from 750 to 710ms) when I changed normal memory clock from 456 do 600MHz @1.25V. And now I even have video_4K profile (triggered by writting "1,w=3840,h=1960,v=1" and holding open /dev/video_state file) set to 700MHz@1,35V but I doesn't use it often because it probably casued device to reboot some time ago after intensive game play.

Comment

Well, I'm can't sleep so testing my resource.img. My Bluetimes TV BOX DDR only clocked max 400Mhz in "normal = 0x1" .

Comment

I'm modified DDR3 600 MHz Freq/ 1.25v voltage and than Flashed it to my TV box but no improvement at all in 3Dmark or Antutu.

New resource.img (http://www.filedropper.com/resource_3)

I'm executed this command at terminal emulator and it still show old parameters.
                    cat /sys/dvfs/dvfs_tree
                    dmesg

My TV Box doesn't read from resource.img ?
                    Last edited by tabnk; 02-17-2015, 15:44.

Comment

As far as I know all RK3288 firmwares use resource.img. Therefore it isn't possible that resource partition isn't read. Even so these data can be overwritten by kernel itself but it would greatly diminish purpose of DTB file in resource.img.

If you have doubt if resource file is written properly then use Android Tool.

You can check if data was written succesfully by reading them back .
                      For example:
                      dd if=/dev/block/mtd/by-name/resource skip=84756 bs=1 count=16 2>/dev/null | busybox hexdump -C
                      in your case it should return:
                      00000000 00 04 93 e0 00 10 67 38 00 09 27 c0 00 13 12 d0 |......g8..'.....|
                      Last edited by Gormar; 02-17-2015, 21:52.

Comment

Resource.img was written successfully. I'm think my TV Box kernel overwrite resource setting on boot.

Is it possible to export and modify the kernel.img ?

Comment

. No chance to overclock my TV Box than.

OR can I'm flash this kernel http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...RK3288-kernels ?

Or firmware upgrade from http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-Tronsmart-R28 ?

Originally posted by mo123
                          No
                          You can backup the kernel but nothing else.

Comment

Problem solved. I'm need to change GPU CLOCK at boot.img.

Comment

Originally posted by tabnk View Post
                              Problem solved. I'm need to change GPU CLOCK at boot.img.
                              Could you post the steps that you used to do this, or if you find instructions somewhere else can you post a link?

Thanks,
                              -SB
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Currently using U-BOX R89 with mo123 v1.6.
                              Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
                              Pipo M9S -- CrewRKTab custom rooted 4.4.2
                              RCA Viking Pro 10 -- Custom stock rooted 5.1 by me <- FOR SALE
                              ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

@sawbones999. Tabnk read my explanation how to OC RK3288 RAM with Android Hex editor and applied it to set GPU clocks. Thanks to his stubbornes we now know that if your kernel is in boot.img then you should search inside that file in similar way like with resource.img.

In GPU OC easiest way is to find "01636c6b5f677075" hex values ( clk_gpu) and then it will be almost self explanatory. After 3 x 4 bytes structure starting with 00 00 00 03 (hex values) descraibing that leaf you will have 4 bytes which defines freq in kHz and next 4bytes voltage in uV but number of pairs might be different in each kernel. Keep in mind that these values could follow big endian memory organization (least significant bit or rather byte first).

Comment

Working...
                                X