• Show
Clear All

• maly2006
    replied
    [Pipo Project] M9 Pro ROM testing

Originally posted by bucefal82 View Post
    It looks like the file is missing NetworkLocation.apk

Here's a patch to install through TWRP
    Sorry for noob question, but how to install twrp recovery on this rom?

Leave a comment:

• Kenneth
    replied
    Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    Thanks for the info. I will update SuperSU on the next ROM.

Tattman65 designed this latest boot animation...as he has done with all of our Pipo Project ROM's. I think it looks really cool!!!!!!!

NO NO! it`s cool definitely! ready and waiting to flash v1.0.3 here, testing testing testing...

Leave a comment:

• rrileypm
    replied
    Thanks for the info. I will update SuperSU on the next ROM.

Tattman65 designed this latest boot animation...as he has done with all of our Pipo Project ROM's. I think it looks really cool!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Kenneth
    replied
    Kenneth, the point is that I want to get the final version of this ROM as good as possible before I release and post it...one more time. This thread isn't for a final release...it's for testing. Since I don't own an M9 Pro, it's important for experienced testers (like you) to contribute by letting me know what works and what doesn't.

These are strictly test versions...while working better than the previous ROM's...I want to have everything right for the less experienced users.

The ROM itself is just a base to work from for the kernels Stevejc is attempting to compile. Once he has a breakthrough with a bootable kernel...that's when lag issues and other fixes can occur. The kernel I've put in the ROM is an unreleased version that Pipo included in the sources we received by them. Steve is still trying to compile one from source that actually boots. Once he gets this figured out, he can start to address the lag problems.

So far my short list of fixes:

Fix Location Services
    Update Superuser

I have a question about Superuser. Lately, I've switched to the Koush Superuser because it works better on MTK devices...it's open source as opposed to SuperSU. It really doesn't matter to me which one I use for this ROM. I just need a consensus of which one the users prefer.
    Thanks randy for this explanation

Regarding superuser i prefer chainfire`s superSU

IMO i hate Koush Superuser

btw nice bootanimation randy is it your work?

Leave a comment:

• rrileypm
    replied
    Kenneth, the point is that I want to get the final version of this ROM as good as possible before I release and post it...one more time. This thread isn't for a final release...it's for testing. Since I don't own an M9 Pro, it's important for experienced testers (like you) to contribute by letting me know what works and what doesn't.

These are strictly test versions...while working better than the previous ROM's...I want to have everything right for the less experienced users.

The ROM itself is just a base to work from for the kernels Stevejc is attempting to compile. Once he has a breakthrough with a bootable kernel...that's when lag issues and other fixes can occur. The kernel I've put in the ROM is an unreleased version that Pipo included in the sources we received by them. Steve is still trying to compile one from source that actually boots. Once he gets this figured out, he can start to address the lag problems.

So far my short list of fixes:

Fix Location Services
    Update Superuser

I have a question about Superuser. Lately, I've switched to the Koush Superuser because it works better on MTK devices...it's open source as opposed to SuperSU. It really doesn't matter to me which one I use for this ROM. I just need a consensus of which one the users prefer.

Leave a comment:

• Kenneth
    replied
    I don't want to sound rude but what's the point to flash more rom's? I am coming from RR3.0.1 and it was fine. The major problem I see with the m9pro is the lagging issue which still persists in this rom.

Sent from my P9 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• rrileypm
    replied
    I found that this system.img isn't as polished as the previous ones...but at least it contains the exchange services...which was missing in previous stock images.

I will put together a v1.0.3 with that fix...and update the superuser. It appears that my RK3188 kitchen is a little out of date. I've moved on to RK3288 and MTK ROM's and forgot to update superuser in my RK3188 files.

Leave a comment:

• bucefal82
    replied
    Fix NetworkLocation

Thanks for the report. We will have to do some digging to find that Network Location problem.
    It looks like the file is missing NetworkLocation.apk

Here's a patch to install through TWRP
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• rrileypm
    replied
    Thanks for the report. We will have to do some digging to find that Network Location problem.

Leave a comment:

• retroze
    replied
    Here is my PIPO M9 Pro FreaktabROM v1.02 report(tested with: M9 Pro 3G 32GB)

Rooted Yes. Tested Ok. Although SuperSU update available in Play Store.
    System Kitkat 4.4.2 system.img from PIPO Sources. Custom new animated boot screen. (see attached images)
    Kernel Kernel strings: "3.0.36+ 03/Dec/2014" from PIPO Sources
    Multiuser Yes. Multiuser capable tested sucessfully.
    Wifi GPS/Location Network location does not work
    HDMI Ok (Tested Full HD/60Hz)
    Audio/Video Ok. Video and audio synchronized , no perceived delay. Even with online streamed content.
    Other Pending more deep tests (3G, etc...)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by retroze; 02-08-2015, 16:06.

Leave a comment:

• maly2006
    replied
    I can't test gps right now, but wifi / mobile network location doesn't work. It's only me?

Leave a comment:

• Kenneth
    replied
    flashed v1.0 does not boot...

flashed v1.0.2 all fine...nice boot animation randy!

I still feel the tablet lags a bit when pressing the back button
    Last edited by Kenneth; 02-08-2015, 08:47.

Leave a comment:

• rrileypm
    replied
    OK, I changed my mind and added those changes real quick because I don't know if I can get back to this on Sunday...I've been working for a few days and need to spend some family time.

So I added v1.0.2 to post #1 fixing multi-user and adding the Nav Bar tweak mentioned above by bucefal82 (thank you sir for the suggestion).

Leave a comment:

• rrileypm
    replied
    OK, that's a simple fix. I left the edit out to see if we could get a booting ROM. Now, I can add that tweak safely.

Thanks for testing.

I will try to post a new version on Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• bucefal82
    replied
    Does Multi-user work? If not, I'll fix that.
    Multi-user not work!
    It is not even in the settings menu

Leave a comment:

Working...
X