U65GT Battery issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U65GT Battery issues

So I just got out of my issues with custom ROMs and touchscreen and now I have a new problem, the battery.
    The problem is that the battery status is stuck at some point for several hours and then goes down by like 10-20% (it was stuck at 51% and then went rapidly down). I used the tablet the next morning, after it was shut down for the night with 42% (I think), and had only 30-something % in the morning (like 34 or 32). From this point the battery went to 0% and shutting down in like 20 minutes. It is plugged in for almost an hour now and is still on 1%.
    I've made a few screenshots of the battery log, where you can see the issue very well.
    Is there something I can do?
    I am using one battery guard, may that program cause these problems?

Screenshots
    Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1423476169267.png
Views:	1
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	440119

I used imgur because there are quite a few screenshots.
    I just discovered, that they were uploaded backwards ( in order), but there are timestamps too so you can see how it should be.

I had the same problem, but after many charging cycles the stats became better. I also switched to another charger.

Comment

You need to change launcher.... try the google one, it worked for me

Comment

Originally posted by jiggaman View Post
        You need to change launcher.... try the google one, it worked for me
        I'm also using a different launcher, Nova.

Comment

No need to change launcher!

Double post!
          Last edited by Vohukain; 02-09-2015, 17:13.

Comment

No need to change launcher!

Another battery percent issue on Talk 9X thead . I really needed to count them and I got 4 (Batery percentage issue, Cube Talk9x - battery issue, Cube talk 9x battery percentage issue! and this one) plus the conversation in the Cube 9x u65gt thead and almost everywhere (link1, link2). How many we need of them?

Anyway her is my answer. There isn't real fix to that problem. However if you enable Google Now like Edius said before, the battery percent doesn't got stuck in idle time. This post might also be useful for first calibration if the percent does not go to normal when you charge it.

Check out my other newer posts also (post 1 and post 2)
            Last edited by Vohukain; 02-10-2015, 16:37.

Comment

Okay, thank you guys, I'm sorry to post another thread with the same issue, I paniced a little and just looked real quick if there are some recent posts about battery issues and posted my thread. :\
              But thanks again for helping me out anyways!

Comment

I also have the same problem,

Comment

Originally posted by Azzra3l View Post
                  Okay, thank you guys, I'm sorry to post another thread with the same issue, I paniced a little and just looked real quick if there are some recent posts about battery issues and posted my thread. :\
                  But thanks again for helping me out anyways!
                  No need to ask sorry . I was just trying to be a smartass

Originally posted by Edith G View Post
                  I also have the same problem,
                  If you enable the Google Now the battery percent is working fine. You don't need to change launcher if you don't want to. Just open the Google Now via app menu and enable it. Very easy "fix". My battery percent is now always showing right number.

You can first run your battery empty (tablet shut down) and then charge tablet to 100%. Do not turn tablet on while charging. After battery is 100% keep tablet plugged and turn it on. When tablet is fully turned on (you can se the home screen) then you can unplug tablet from charger. This is the "calibration method". Then just enable Google Now and everything should be working good then.

Ps. I have always hated that banana thing above but now I think that I got it. It is funny

Comment

charging time

Hi,
                    I've got the same issue, but in addition to the weired battery stats, I get a strange discharge / charging behaviour. Once the battery stats freeze (staying at 85% for a week idle with WiFi and a number of syncs turned on ???) and I connect a charger (the supplied one, a 2 Ampere ASUS /Samsung/Sony one - no matter - checked multiple of them), the battery percentage goes down pretty fast at a 1% per 10 seconds rate, until the device turns off. Then it starts to charge slowly with low current, probably in safety mode because due to real battery voltage being below the threshold for the charging circuitry to turn on. But here's the problem: It never switches to regular high-current / fast charging mode again, and it takes 2 days to fully charge the battery. Tablet turned off or on doesn't make a difference.

The only way to get it into regular charging mode is to disconnect / reconnect the charger at a decent charge level (e.g. > 20%). Then it switches to high current charge mode and it takes only a few hours to get to 100%.
                    Does this sound familiar to anybody ?
                    Is this related to the firmware issue we have with the battery status accounting, or is there a hardware defect (e.g. battery controller) ?
                    what do you think ?

Toby

Comment

Originally posted by streumix View Post
                      what do you think ?
                      That sounds very strange problem to me. I have never faced or even heard that kind of problem before. Maybe you should try this:
                      1. Get you tablet behaving normally first (like you mentioned above)
                      2. Then run your battery empty so that tablet turns off
                      3. Plug your tablet to charger and DO NOT turn it on
                      4. Let it charge to 100% no matter how long it takes
                      5. After tablet is full charged (100%) keep it plugged in charger and turn it on
                      6. When you see the home screen unplug your tablet.
                      7. Then enable Google Now directly
                      Then start to use your tablet normally and check if the battery percent and charging are behaving normally. If it is not working, then I guess it is new problem. I dont know if it is hardware or software problem then.

Freezing battery percent issue is kernel based software bug. Atleast I think so.
                      Last edited by Vohukain; 02-10-2015, 14:22.

Comment

Originally posted by streumix View Post
                        charging time

Hi,
                        I've got the same issue, but in addition to the weired battery stats, I get a strange discharge / charging behaviour. Once the battery stats freeze (staying at 85% for a week idle with WiFi and a number of syncs turned on ???) and I connect a charger (the supplied one, a 2 Ampere ASUS /Samsung/Sony one - no matter - checked multiple of them), the battery percentage goes down pretty fast at a 1% per 10 seconds rate, until the device turns off. Then it starts to charge slowly with low current, probably in safety mode because due to real battery voltage being below the threshold for the charging circuitry to turn on. But here's the problem: It never switches to regular high-current / fast charging mode again, and it takes 2 days to fully charge the battery. Tablet turned off or on doesn't make a difference.

The only way to get it into regular charging mode is to disconnect / reconnect the charger at a decent charge level (e.g. > 20%). Then it switches to high current charge mode and it takes only a few hours to get to 100%.
                        Does this sound familiar to anybody ?
                        Is this related to the firmware issue we have with the battery status accounting, or is there a hardware defect (e.g. battery controller) ?
                        what do you think ?

Toby
                        Hi, I'm wondering if someone found a solution for the issue above.
                        I'm exactly in the same situation, but battery never reach 100%, stopping at 92.
                        Thx

Comment

Working...
                        X