Deleted my graphics drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleted my graphics drivers

Because of the scaling/overscan problems with my TV and because the native resolution of 1366x768 options had disappeared completely from the settings, I deleted the driver pack fully assuming that on turning the machine back on it would redownload them and install......but it doesnt....machine is on (red led lit) but nothing onscreen whatsoever.

Suggestions please?

Thanks

boot into safe mode?

Comment

How do I do that?
      Thanks

Comment

Made a recovery usb?

Comment

Unfortunately not, I mistakenly assumed that the drivers would reinstall.

Comment

You will need to download the driver pack on the sticky here. Then you will use device manager to reinstall the drivers. See the video I made showing how.

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

He has no screen.... Only black...

Comment

Originally posted by wackidth View Post
                He has no screen.... Only black...
                Correct, unit is on but nothing at all onscreen.

Comment

Maybe install Windows 10 on it. And then revert back. Hope you have your license key?
                  Bob posted a manual...

Comment

I have nothing. I haven't touched it for almost two weeks because the overscan problem drove me nuts and couldn't be bothered. I decided to have one last go and now its stuffed. I don't know how to install anything if I have no screen display

Comment

Originally posted by SSThing View Post
                      I have nothing. I haven't touched it for almost two weeks because the overscan problem drove me nuts and couldn't be bothered. I decided to have one last go and now its stuffed. I don't know how to install anything if I have no screen display
                      You do not have "no screen display". If you just removed the display driver from your Windows installation, the problem lies in Windows. You can enter the UEFI upon boot, where you will get the option to select any booting device, as an external USB Flash Drive. You can also try entering Windows Safe Mode, where a generic display driver should be used, and reinstall the appropriate display driver.

And as I said in the other thread, overscanning is not a problem of PiPo X7, or Windows 8.1, but a feature of your TV set. The only solution is to disable overscanning through your TV set menu. If no such option is available, you have to replace your TV set, or live with it. Some display drivers have an option to shrink the image, to compensate for any possible overscanning, but this is not the optimal solution, since the display would have the right size, but will not actually be clear.

Comment

I am not getting anything onscreen whatsoever, so when I say I have no screen display, I have no screen display. I am not able to enter any recovery screens, bios screens etc etc etc. The ONLY thing I did earlier was to uninstall the graphics drivers fully expecting them to reinstall as they would on my PC but they haven't.

Comment

Disconnect all externally connected devices, including the external power, press the on/off button several times to discharge the device, reconnect only the keyboard, the screen, and the external power, and after pressing the on/off button, start immediately pressing repeatedly the Delete key to enter Setup.

Comment

Originally posted by loko View Post
                            Disconnect all externally connected devices, including the external power, press the on/off button several times to discharge the device, reconnect only the keyboard, the screen, and the external power, and after pressing the on/off button, start immediately pressing repeatedly the Delete key to enter Setup.
                            Thank you, but nothing happens.

Comment

It sounds like Pipo X7 won't start up anymore.

The first thing you should do is to check the power supply voltage using a multimeter, or replace it with another 12V DC one. You should also try using another HDMI cable AND another monitor or TV.

Comment

Working...
                              X