Key Lime Pie 4.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Key Lime Pie 4.2

Has anyone with the Nexus 7 received the upgrade push that began yesterday? I currently only have 4.1.2, but Asus has issued 4.2 and says they've begun pushing it to Nexus 7. (Some people are calling it Key Lime Pie...others just Jelly bean 4.2.

I've been checking for the update in about tablet for a week now. No luck.

Some progs not yet working with 4.2
    Stickmount
    Mxplayer updated to work 11/16

Also miracast may be broken until 4.2.1

If you've rooted, need to unroot and use ota rootkeeper.
    Wugs nexus toolkit not yet ready for 4.2

Check android police, drippler for new developments.
    Last edited by matt; 11-16-2012, 11:41.

Comment

I'm still running the stock ROM, have yet to find a real reason to root so far, but I've been checking out custom ROMS available. 4.2 was sent OTA a few days ago. All my programs are working. Major change I noticed was with the camera. You can now do panarama shots. It let's you use multiple user accounts. They added a quick settings menu when you pull down the notifications bar. Widgets that work with the screen locked. Gesture typing (kind of like Swype). The best part is with the new features my battery life hasn't changed. On a normal day I'm getting about 10 hours.

Also I was misinformed. 5.0 will be called Key Lime Pie, and most likely won't come out till next year.

Peace

Comment

I'm still running the stock ROM, have yet to find a real reason to root so far, but I've been checking out custom ROMS available. 4.2 was sent OTA a few days ago. All my programs are working. Major change I noticed was with the camera. You can now do panarama shots. It let's you use multiple user accounts. They added a quick settings menu when you pull down the notifications bar. Widgets that work with the screen locked. Gesture typing (kind of like Swype). The best part is with the new features my battery life hasn't changed. On a normal day I'm getting about 10 hours.

Also I was misinformed. 5.0 will be called Key Lime Pie, and most likely won't come out till next year.

The one thing I hoping to be fixed was the Nexus has phone orientation UI. I used a work around off XDA to get tablet UI...but it would be nice if Asus patched it.

Peace

Comment

Don't understand the phone thing. Do you mean landscape? Mine has autorotated home screen since 4.1.2.
          Updated today, having problems with amazon appstore. Still a few programs from polaroid days need it installed.
          I think google torched amazon. Maybe an update will come along.

If you've got hdmi, hang onto it, its rare.

Comment

Working...
          X