X7 weekend review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X7 weekend review

My pipo x7 came in Friday , so I have only ha this weekend to test it. Here is my review so far.
    Out of the box and hooked up in 5 minutes. Powered on and booted fast. Maybe 10 minutes to setup windows. And another 10 to adjust screen resolution on my monitor. Had to increase to 75fps from 60fps to get a sharp picture.
    Next I installed chrome and classic menu. Then vlc player and minecraft PC.
    I tested video files from USB sticks both HD and SD quality. All ran well and looked good with vlc player. Then I hooked up a external USB DVD drive and tried to play a DVD. The x7 would not power the DVD drive fully. I mean power came on but it turned off every few mins. So I powered it from another source and then it worked fine. Windows saw it, and vlc playthe DVD. All good!
    Next we played mine craft PC for a few mins. Also worked fine.
    We since have tried red alert portable, it need .net framework installed, but played very well after.
    USB keyboard, mouse, DVD drive and usb thumb drives have all worked.
    Ripped a DVD with make mkv software in 21 mins. Cores when to 40-50% and no heat problem.
    Left the x7 on for 3 days so far, no problems with heat or anything.
    Did have one issue when I launched minecraft one time it froze up and cores when to 100% and I had to reboot. It was not hot or running anything prior to this problem.
    Well other than a few web pages, and a few YouTube videos that's all I tried this weekend.
    Let me know what else to test?

Good review ! You are in a 1080p screen ?

I've thermal / heat trouble in some cases, like PCT or Flash Player for videos on some sites, on Firefox (last stable version). Exemple on this french website if you want to check your CPU frequency coming down slowly to 0.5 ghz or sometimes less :
    http://www.zap-tele.com/posts?category_id=2 (double click on videos to get in full screen).
    The fall frequency happen in 10-15 mins of videos (videos are like 8 mins so you need to "restart" the video again).

Thank you !

Comment

Try steam maybe .and try to stream a gamr from your other game pc (if you have one that is)

Comment

Originally posted by Pelliculart View Post
        Good review ! You are in a 1080p screen ?

I've thermal / heat trouble in some cases, like PCT or Flash Player for videos on some sites, on Firefox (last stable version). Exemple on this french website if you want to check your CPU frequency coming down slowly to 0.5 ghz or sometimes less :
        http://www.zap-tele.com/posts?category_id=2 (double click on videos to get in full screen).
        The fall frequency happen in 10-15 mins of videos (videos are like 8 mins so you need to "restart" the video again).

Thank you !
        My Samsung monitor is higher than 1080p. And we have limited bandwidth on sat out here so no streaming HD videos right now.

Comment

Working...
        X