MK808B Plus and USB Drive Automount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK808B Plus and USB Drive Automount

Searched high and low here and couldn't find a solid answer - apologies if this has already been covered.

I have no luck getting my MK808B Plus to automatically recognize and mount my external USB drive with neither the stock ROM that was shipped with it nor Finless 1.1.

The only thing I've got to work so far is to download a 3rd-party app (USB OTG Helper [root]).

Anyone have any luck with this device and having their external USB drives automatically mount when connected?

Sure seems like something Android should do by default...

FWIW, my drive is a 2TB WD Passport.

What's the problem if it works using USB OTG Helper [root]?

Is your HDD NTFS formatted? Because android does not support NTFS by default. You have to use a tool like
    USB OTG Helper [root], as you already found out.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

My problem is twofold:

1. USB OTG Helper is flaky at best - sometimes it mounts fine, sometimes it doesn't.
      Also - I would like it to mount at bootup automatically (without having to pay for this feature)

2. More fundamentally - why doesn't Android mount USB drives automatically? (it's linux under the hood, and pretty much every linux system I've ever used provides this).

My drive is ext4 format - no issues there.

Originally posted by phinc View Post
      What's the problem if it works using USB OTG Helper [root]?

Is your HDD NTFS formatted? Because android does not support NTFS by default. You have to use a tool like
      USB OTG Helper [root], as you already found out.

Comment

Okay, i see. I also think that it should automount ext4 drives on boot. Don`t know why it does not. Maybe a bug. I guess very few people use ext4 on their external USB drives, so probably no one noticed it yet.
        Maybe this app works: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...aragon.mounter
        Or maybe you can use a script that automounts your drive at boot.

Comment

Working...
        X