Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android Remote - Power ON / OFF Issues

Hey all,

I've tested quite a few devices and they all have different behaviors when it comes to operating the power of the box. I'm not sure if this is firmware dependent or not and wouldn't mind hearing back from the fellow members here with a bit more experience than I do.

I have the following symptoms:

1. Power button on the remote fully powers the machine ON and OFF - Android OS boots from start.
    2. Power button on the remote powers off the unit but when powering on it resume from where I left off (sleep or standby). So if I power the unit off in an "add on" in xbmc, when I power it back on, it resumes from where I left off.
    3. Power button on the remote kills the video only and I can't turn the box back on via the remote power button. I have to unplug the unit and plug it back in to turn the unit back on
    4. Same as #3 BUT if I hold the power button for 3+ seconds it will sometimes turn the entire unit off and I can then power it back on with the remote. If I hit the power button once, it will just kill the video and get stuck like #3 and I have to unplug and replug the power on the box to power it back on. #1 and 2 don't have this problem.

About 80% of the units I've tested, have symptom 3, which is the worst one. Ideally, I would love something which operates like #2 ...even #1 as a second solution.

Would like to hear the feedback for others on this. I'm not sure if there's something I can potentially do to resolve this or if it's a firmware/hardware issue.

Thanks

I don't know if this is relevant, but on the UT3, the remote function for power is...
    Brief press=sleep, wakes fine
    Long press=power off
    Brief press when unit is off=cold boot to Android
    If power has been removed from the UT3, it will cold boot when power is returned.

Comment

Working...
    X