Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow LAN via RJ45 to USB adapter - UG802

Hello Guys.
    I connected my UG802 device to router via USB to RJ45 adapter (USB2.0, eth 10/100mbit), and it gives me only 10mbit connection. Is it possible to make 100mbit? Ethernet cable is good . I use 1.6 JB Finless firmware.
    this is my device:

Thanks for help!

i've got the same one, turn off wifi and reboot
    but problem is that some apps don't work with ethernet only wifi for ex. ImediaShare.

Comment

No difference after reboot. Maybe it is USB issue - it goes with 1.1 speed, not 2.0, any ideas?

Comment

I made some research and indeed - my device is based on old chipset DM9601, which is able to transfer via USB at v1.1 speed - 12Mbit/s, so beware....

Comment

Originally posted by arturrat View Post
          Hello Guys.
          I connected my UG802 device to router via USB to RJ45 adapter (USB2.0, eth 10/100mbit), and it gives me only 10mbit connection. Is it possible to make 100mbit? Ethernet cable is good . I use 1.6 JB Finless firmware.
          this is my device:

Thanks for help!
          I used the same device and have the same (slow connection) experience. I'm awaiting a powered hub and more stable firmware because I've also experience with non-powered hubs/adapters not working at all (freeze UG802). The ethernet adapter you will show here will support USB 2.0 and 100 Mbps. 100 Mbs must be possible I will think so.

Comment

i have same problem with jp1082 device http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mh9O6A8zAF...LAN-device.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jan View Post
              I used the same device and have the same (slow connection) experience. I'm awaiting a powered hub and more stable firmware because I've also experience with non-powered hubs/adapters not working at all (freeze UG802). The ethernet adapter you will show here will support USB 2.0 and 100 Mbps. 100 Mbs must be possible I will think so.
              Please, take a look at datasheet - link:
              DM9601USB to Ethernet MAC Controller with Integrated 10/100 PHY4FinalVersion: DM9601-DS-F01June 22, 20023. Features3.1 USB Characteristics■USB Specification revision 1.1 compliant Arkusz danych search, datasheets, witryna internetowa wyszukiwania danych dotyczących komponentów elektronicznych i półprzewodników, układy scalone, diody, triaki i inne półprzewodniki

page 4 - you have all features and not a single word about USB 2.0. Powered hub won't help.
              I feel a little disappointed, that in 2012 I can buy such a technology crap....

Comment

Please, take a look at datasheet - link:
                DM9601USB to Ethernet MAC Controller with Integrated 10/100 PHY4FinalVersion: DM9601-DS-F01June 22, 20023. Features3.1 USB Characteristics■USB Specification revision 1.1 compliant Arkusz danych search, datasheets, witryna internetowa wyszukiwania danych dotyczących komponentów elektronicznych i półprzewodników, układy scalone, diody, triaki i inne półprzewodniki

page 4 - you have all features and not a single word about USB 2.0. Powered hub won't help.
                I feel a little disappointed, that in 2012 I can buy such a technology crap....

Yes I will see the datasheet is from a DM9601. The adapter picture seems to show a ky-qf 9700 and says also supporting USB 2.0.

Comment

Hello Guys.
                  this is my device:

Thanks for help!

Hello arturrat,

Buy This Adapter, It is designed for Android Media Players and to give you MAX speed and comes with no CD's and is (Plug and Play)
                  it is the Fastest Ethernet Adapter that i have ever used.. Give me 62mbits on my 60mbits connection, Even faster than my PC

LINK BELOW:
                  http://www.****.co.uk/itm/181107510894

Comment

Do you have any connection with the seller, I notice you have only two posts both on rj45 to usb adapter
                    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
                      Do you have any connection with the seller, I notice you have only two posts both on rj45 to usb adapter
                      Nope, Just had a similar experience to the users above.

Comment

Happen to know the brand and/or chipset inside so us non Brits can get one to try?

Comment

Working...
                        X