Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead on Arrival/No LED light?

Hello, there folks.

I got my own Pipo x7 today and tried to start it up. Unfortunately plugging in the power cable and pressing the power button does not do anything, let alone light up the LED. I am using a EU adapter for power to plug it in which may or may not fit properly (it was sent with the box and I can't check if it works with another device since I got nothing to test that on). I have ordered a different adapter from Amazon to test later this week but is there anything I could try right now?
    Any hidden tricks to start it up that I am missing? Do I just press the power button once, do I keep it pressed for x secs etc?

Would appreciate any help.

If the adapter is of lower quality, it may be loose. If it has a screw, open it, bend the connectors, close it, and check again. Be sure not to bend the connectors too much, because if they are cheap they may break.

-or-

Use another 12V 2A power adapter from another device, e.g. a modem/router. A lower rating 12V 1.5A, or even 1A power adapter may be sufficient to just check if the device powers on.

-or-

Use a cheap multimeter and check if the power plug has 12V. If you do not have a multimeter you can buy a cheap digital one. You can find a decent digital multimeter that costs under 10 Euros. You should probably avoid the cheaper ones that cost only 5 Euros for quality reasons. There is no need to buy something more expensive than 15 Euros. Be sure you get a digital multimeter with a buzzer, which is handy. The multimeter is a useful device, you can also use it to check various kind of batteries, including watch batteries and even car batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by f1c View Post
      Hello, there folks.

I got my own Pipo x7 today and tried to start it up. Unfortunately plugging in the power cable and pressing the power button does not do anything, let alone light up the LED. I am using a EU adapter for power to plug it in which may or may not fit properly (it was sent with the box and I can't check if it works with another device since I got nothing to test that on). I have ordered a different adapter from Amazon to test later this week but is there anything I could try right now?
      Any hidden tricks to start it up that I am missing? Do I just press the power button once, do I keep it pressed for x secs etc?

Would appreciate any help.
      look here;

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I did both of your suggestions (cables inside where all fine) and it turned out that the power adapter was/is broken. I ran a test run with an old router cable and it turned on the LED light and let me boot up.

WIFI reception was terrible but I hope this can be explained by using a 0.8A adapter instead of the 2.4A it comes with.

Comment

Originally posted by f1c View Post
          Thanks for the replies. I did both of your suggestions (cables inside where all fine) and it turned out that the power adapter was/is broken. I ran a test run with an old router cable and it turned on the LED light and let me boot up.

WIFI reception was terrible but I hope this can be explained by using a 0.8A adapter instead of the 2.4A it comes with.
          I took a voltage stabilized (LED) power supply with 3 A, so there is enough reserve. The minimum for a good stability would be a 2 A power supply. But there are nearly no price differences.

Comment

Working...
          X