Possible PM scam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible PM scam?

I got this unsolicited pm today and it smells of scam to me. This address doesn't match any alibaba or Ali express address I've seen before. Wanted to bring it to attention in case this needs to be addressed.

Today, 01:18 AM
    gibbonsep
    Banned

Hi!

Attention! If you still dont know about wide range of Computer, Electronics, Cell phones at the lowest producer's prices then you should go http://alimob.eu.tf

Thanks,
    -SB
    ---------------------------------------
    Currently using U-BOX R89 with mo123 v1.6.
    Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
    Pipo M9S -- CrewRKTab custom rooted 4.4.2
    RCA Viking Pro 10 -- Custom stock rooted 5.1 by me <- FOR SALE
    ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

I got one yesterday from the same user, there were 5 other users who received the same message as me at the same time. I didn't click the link. I reported it immediately. As you see in the details you posted above, this user id has already been banned.

Comment

Yes the user has now been banned. The spam email was sent out to a lot of user's but not everybody. If you guys get any similar messages from other spammers do as you have done & report the message & they will be dealt with.

Blinkone
      Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
        Yes the user has now been banned. The spam email was sent out to a lot of user's but not everybody. If you guys get any similar messages from other spammers do as you have done & report the message & they will be dealt with.

Blinkone
        I use spam-o-matic on my site but which is a vB site and don't know if it will work here
        It catches 99 percent....

Man of leisure!

Comment

would never respond to that pm my spidey sense was tingling as I was reading it.

Comment

Working...
          X