Audio over HDMI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio over HDMI

Has anyone got this working? I cannot hear anything unless I plug headphones directly into the unit.

Update: Plays plugged directly into TV but receiver strips it somehow O.o
    Last edited by alwaysbless; 02-22-2015, 19:30.

Originally posted by alwaysbless View Post
    Has anyone got this working? I cannot hear anything unless I plug headphones directly into the unit.

There is a windows setting for audio out put. Type audio in windows search and it should bring you to the option

Comment

Originally posted by MageDawson View Post
      There is a windows setting for audio out put. Type audio in windows search and it should bring you to the option
      The problem described has nothing to do with any Windows audio setting. If you read the first post carefully, you will see that by connecting the PiPo X7 directly to the TV, audio over HDMI works just fine. The problem has something to do with an external receiver that gets in the middle. I guess that some sort of pass through option must be enabled in the external receiver.

Comment

I also have this problem, the only thing I could come up to is plugging the X7 to the TV and then finding out the ARC option for the TV and Receiver. Haven't tried it tho'

Comment

The HDMI audio driver comes with the Intel HD gafics driver.

Comment

What format does it send out the audio? I would understand the reverse. Your tv cant decode the audio stream but your receiver can .

Still waiting for my pipo to arrive. I have a onkyo receiver
            i will test it out

Comment

I had to restart the x7 with the receiver on and then go in to the audio device settings and change the hdmi to default in the x7. Speaker is default by standard. Now it works great.

Comment

I received a PiPO X7 the other day and did the heat sink mods that were shown earlier with an ultra quiet fan. The video and internet works great...but "No Sound" what so ever on a brand new VIZIO P-Series 50". Funny, but also frustrating is that the PiPO X7 will transfer the sound via HDMI while using a 40" Philips & a 39" Vizeo with no problems. Then I can connect a windows 7 laptop to the new P series TV via HDMI port, and it works as well. So I believe the PiPO X7 is missing a driver to support some types of flat screen TV's as I have now seen being reported in other forums...any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by jacsatx View Post
                  "No Sound" what so ever on a brand new VIZIO P-Series 50". Funny, but also frustrating is that the PiPO X7 will transfer the sound via HDMI while using a 40" Philips & a 39" Vizeo with no problems. Then I can connect a windows 7 laptop to the new P series TV via HDMI port, and it works as well. So I believe the PiPO X7 is missing a driver to support some types of flat screen TV's as I have now seen being reported in other forums...any ideas?
                  I have faced the same problem with an old HD ready LCD TV (LG 32LC2R), and did't found any software solution.
                  I see that at the audio playback device's "Supported Formats" tab there is nothing, and also HDCP is not supported. When I connected the Pipo to a newer Samsung LED TV, it works fine.
                  I tried driver upgrades, EDID editors, but no luck.
                  Finally I ordered a cheap HDMI to VGA/audio converter, and it works pretty well now. ( http://www.dx.com/p/hdmi-male-to-vga...ite-red-229078 )

Comment

Working...
                  X