Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with ethernet

Hi everyone,

I received my Pipo X7 last week and thinks it's a great machine for the price !

But I've had a problem with the ethernet adapter. After I installed all Windows updates, the ethernet was not recognized anymore.

I checked in the device manager and indeed, the ethernet adapter was identified as VID_0000 and PID_1269. I don't know why nor how it lost it's VID but that explained why it wasn't recognized.

I downloaded the DM9621A driver from davicom website and had to force its installation. Windows complained that It couldn't make sure that was the appropriate driver, but I installed it anyway...
    And sure enough, the ethernet adapter came back to life immediately.

Now If I check the ethernet adapter, it reports as VID_0A46 and PID_1269, which is fine... But I don't know what restored it? Is it because I forced the driver installation? Is it because I have rebooted?

Anyway, is this a known issue, or is it a problem specific to my board?

CRi
    Attached Files

Hi I had the same experience this morning after the windows update. Thanks for the link to the driver it solved the problem.

Ken.

Comment

Originally posted by cryo View Post
      Hi I had the same experience this morning after the windows update. Thanks for the link to the driver it solved the problem.

Ken.

Same problem after windows update, downloaded driver and working great, thanks guys!

Comment

Please delete.
        Last edited by oversx; 03-18-2015, 10:29.

Comment

Working...
        X