Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux Boot questions

Hello,

I have this nice litte box and want to use it as a server. So after a power down, it should boot Linux directly, without pressing a button. I didn't find a bios setting to get this.

I have following entries in /dev/: mmcblk0 mmcblk0boot0 mmcblk0boot1 mmcblk0p1 mmcblk0p2 mmcblk0rpmb

EFI partition is mmcblk0p1, system is mmcblk0p2. When the computer starts, it always wants to start windows and I have to go to the bios settings to start Ubuntu. Can it directly start Ubuntu?

Thanks.

Originally posted by slackstick View Post
    Hello,

I have this nice litte box and want to use it as a server. So after a power down, it should boot Linux directly, without pressing a button. I didn't find a bios setting to get this.

I have following entries in /dev/: mmcblk0 mmcblk0boot0 mmcblk0boot1 mmcblk0p1 mmcblk0p2 mmcblk0rpmb

EFI partition is mmcblk0p1, system is mmcblk0p2. When the computer starts, it always wants to start windows and I have to go to the bios settings to start Ubuntu. Can it directly start Ubuntu?

Thanks.
    What boot manager are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by ronfante1 View Post
      What boot manager are you using?
      32bit version of grub.

Comment

I think you have to edit /etc/default/grub, then use "grup update"

Code:
        [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Ubuntubeta]GRUB_SAVEDEFAULT=true (it should boot the last booted OS)[/FONT][/COLOR]
        or
        Code:
        GRUB_DEFAULT="insert menu entry here"
        GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT=0
        GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT_QUIET=false
        GRUB_TIMEOUT=1

Comment

Originally posted by ronfante1 View Post
          I think you have to edit /etc/default/grub, then use "grup update"

Code:
          [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Ubuntubeta]GRUB_SAVEDEFAULT=true (it should boot the last booted OS)[/FONT][/COLOR]
          or
          Code:
          GRUB_DEFAULT="insert menu entry here"
          GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT=0
          GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT_QUIET=false
          GRUB_TIMEOUT=1
          Thanks for the info, although this didn't succeed. grub-update is not known, but update-grub runs. I removed /EFI/BOOT/BOOTIA32.EFI and replaced it with /EFI/UBUNTU/GRUB.EFI . With both versions I see a grub menu, but can't start any entries and get no failure info, only black screen. Now I have to make a false entry in this menu, then grub calls the efi shell, in efi shell I can do "fs0:" "\EFI\UBUNTU\GRUB.EFI" which shows a working grub menu.

Comment

Solved

Thanks to Galland, this issue seems to be solved:
            I just disabled Quiet Boot and now it starts as it should

More info here: http://hwswbits.blogspot.de/2015/03/...x-neo-z64.html

Comment

Working...
            X