Auto re-start after power loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto re-start after power loss

Hi all, I've managed to install Debian 8.0 to use x7 as a replace to my actual home server, but I've found a issue, pipo x 7 doesn't reboot after a power loss, on uefi I've found "State after g3" and I've set to s0 (g3 = power loss, s0 = fully power on) but it doesn't work.

Any idea? (I've a very little space so a UPS isn't an option)

thankyou

Ha ha ha!!! Don't you read related threads before making such changes? These devices are very well known of being bricked just by a simple BIOS setting change. You are lucky enough that you did not brick your device.

While MeeGoPad was successfully revived, PiPo X7 was not so lucky!!!

Comment

thankyou, I've edit several options in bios, looks line no one have the solution

Comment

Until we find a way to unbrick PiPo X7, you should better not fiddle with any BIOS settings.

Comment

ok,

Comment

auto on mod:

Comment

thankyou, I'll wait a while for a software solution, maybe I'll take that mod lika a last resource

Comment

You can probably use an even simpler design.

Using a circuit with a capacitor to temporarily activate a relay, which triggers another circuit, is a general purpose design. It can be used when there are two independent circuits, where you want to use the first one to trigger the second one.

In our case, alternatively, since the power button contacts have power, you can just connect an appropriate capacitor in parallel with the contacts. The capacitor will be charged from the power button circuit itself, and will trigger it during charging.

Comment

Originally posted by loko View Post
                  You can probably use an even simpler design.

Using a circuit with a capacitor to temporarily activate a relay, which triggers another circuit, is a general purpose design. It can be used when there are two independent circuits, where you want to use the first one to trigger the second one.

In our case, alternatively, since the power button contacts have power, you can just connect an appropriate capacitor in parallel with the contacts. The capacitor will be charged from the power button circuit itself, and will trigger it during charging.
                  Thankyou! This way looks very awesome!

Comment

I've update the bios, but s0 still not working

Comment

Working...
                    X