Mxq quad wifi dropping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mxq quad wifi dropping

Hi I am new to these forums and I am having a problem with my mxq box it disconnects wifi every 15 minutes. I have updated firmware and it hasn't helped. I have sent box back and got a replacement one just in case it was a faulty box but the new box is doing the same thing. I would like to know if anyone else has or had this problem and how did they solve it.

Originally posted by trev299 View Post
    Hi I am new to these forums and I am having a problem with my mxq box it disconnects wifi every 15 minutes. I have updated firmware and it hasn't helped. I have sent box back and got a replacement one just in case it was a faulty box but the new box is doing the same thing. I would like to know if anyone else has or had this problem and how did they solve it.
    I would look at your router. I found belkins to be terrible. Whatever radio they are using is not good. All my other devices are fine just my androids work funny.
    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
      I would look at your router. I found belkins to be terrible. Whatever radio they are using is not good. All my other devices are fine just my androids work funny.
      I personally have set up many mxq and found that dsl modem with built in router are especially troublesome. Its definitely your router that is giving you issues. Try changing the channel on your router and also try changing it to B only instead of auto (g,b,n) that should help

Comment

Thank you for the reply, I am using cable modem (virginmedia super hub 2) have changed the channels but it still disconnects from wifi at 15 minutes then I have to go back into settings on the box and reconnect to the wifi. It also disconnects when using Ethernet cable I think it might be something within the box settings but can't figure out what it might be.

Comment

Try a factory reset. Or update the firmware. The latest is 109. Also set your router to b.

Comment

Originally posted by assmunche View Post
            Try a factory reset. Or update the firmware. The latest is 109. Also set your router to b.
            My router gives this message "Trade compatibility with old devices for wireless performance. Note: Greenfield is supported by wireless N devices only, Older B and G devices will not be supported". Where do I get the latest firmware?. I have downloaded and installed "v1.2 109k4 ported for EM8 -Sqaure 15/10/2014 but I wifi is off, I switch it to on and exit then when I go back to wireless networks wifi is off again. Can someone please tell me how to get the wifi to stay on.
            Last edited by trev299; 03-02-2015, 22:35.

Comment

Working...
            X