Dolby and DTS passtrough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolby and DTS passtrough

I have my PiPo X7 hooked up to my receiver using HDMI. I activated passthrough in Kodi, but I can't get Dolby 5.1 and DTS passthrough working . Looks like a driver thing. Has anybody found a way to get this fixed?

I didnt do anthing special. My receiver is reporting dts as it shoulD. I updated to latest intel hd gfx drivers

Comment

with my pipo X7 connected to one of the HDMI port on my Onkyo Receiver and enabling the passthrough in Kodi it works without probles

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Black View Post
        with my pipo X7 connected to one of the HDMI port on my Onkyo Receiver and enabling the passthrough in Kodi it works without probles
        The thing is my Onkyo reports DTS and Dolby (the red light is burning) but there is no sound from the rear speakers. Are you sure your rear speakers produce sound?

Comment

i'll try and let you know , but I think that everything is fine

did you set in windows sound panel that you have a 5.1 speaker config ?

Comment

i'll try and let you know , but I think that everything is fine

did you set in windows sound panel that you have a 5.1 speaker config ?
            Thanks, I will check my sound panel and let you know

Here is a link to a testfile http://www.mysurround.com/test/TestM...und-en.dbr.ac3

Comment

I tried yesterday night, and yes Sound exit from rear speakers

Comment

I tried yesterday night, and yes Sound exit from rear speakers
                Thanks for your help. I have found the problem. It was in my receiver settings

Dolby and DTS working fine now.

Good to see I'm not the only one that doesn't get mulitichannel sound working. Check this review. http://androidpc.es/blog/2015/03/04/...d-core-z3736f/

Comment

hello.

I connect the PIPO X7 to my TV BRAVIA KDL-48W585B and i connect with an optical cable from the TV to the Creative Decoder DDTS-100 (it supports DD and DTS)

the pipo passthroughs the sound only in Dobly Digital format but in DTS its not working .

Is that because of the TV ??

in pipo X7 in sound settings in HDMI soundcard i see only Dolby digital...
                  Last edited by lefteris82; 03-04-2015, 16:31.

Comment

I have a Panasonic TV (2009) and the optical output based only stereo. I bought a usb sound card i-tec 7.1.Channel Audio Adapter http://www.i-tec-europe.eu/?t=3&v=123 and Dolby Digital + DTS passtrough works.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X