How install custom recovery TWRP to Cube talk 9x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How install custom recovery TWRP to Cube talk 9x

I'm on stock rom. I rooted, but failed when try many way to install custom recovery TWRP. Anyone help?

Check Lepi's video tutorial "Flash Recovery with SP FlashTool". You can find tutorial from here. Tutorials are also listed in Talk 9X info thead.

Comment

I open the flash tool, turn off the tablet, but when I put cable usb, It only display charge screen, nothing at all.

My computer already reconnigze my tablet

Comment

Originally posted by zeroonea View Post
        I open the flash tool, turn off the tablet, but when I put cable usb, It only display charge screen, nothing at all.

My computer already reconnigze my tablet
        I believe that you are missing drivers. Try to install drivers again. You can find them from Talk 9X info thead. Driver guide written by Brian (can be found from every 900Supersport rom package):

Driver installation

If you have not installed drivers then power off the Cube Talk 9x U65GT and connect to the PC. The PC should detect the U65GT and try to load in drivers, choose to locate the drivers yourself and browse to the Drivers Folder and install.

Check the "Installing MTK Drivers - Some Problems Solved" -thead also.

Comment

When I try to install driver as tutorial I get

By the way the driver I downloaded is for windows xp (2K_XP_COM), I'm using windows 8.1

Comment

I try this and can install driver on windows 8.1 now

Go to Start - Then Command Prompt
            Enter command "shutdown /r /o /f /t 00"
            Click the "OK" button
            System will restart to a "Choose an option" screen
            Then select "Troubleshoot" from "Choose an option" screen
            Then select "Advanced options" from "Troubleshoot" screen
            Then select "Windows Startup Settings" from "Advanced options" screen
            Click "Restart" button
            System will restart to "Advanced Boot Options" screen
            Select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement"
            Restart & install drivers...

Comment

You can also try this method. Worked for me!

First, make sure you are rooted. Second, make sure you have the latest Superuser and Superuser binary installed. Third go to the Playstore and install "Mobileuncle Tools". Fourth download TWRP recovery (from one of these posts - I recommend TWRP_2810_Lite) and put it (the recovery.img) in root of your sd card (I believe it is the internal one). Fifth, load up Mobileuncle Tools and go to "Recovery Update". That's it, no pc required.

Comment

Originally posted by Vohukain View Post
                The PC should detect the U65GT and try to load in drivers...
                What if the computer does not detect the U65GT ? This is my problem. So I can't root the tablet. So I can't install a custom recovery. So I can't install a prerouted ROM…

My Cube is UG65GT16GB1426…. The ROM is the official one delivered with the Cube : V1.6_20140620. Debugging mode when USB is connected is ON. The computer runs Windows XP.

Comment

Check out this tutorial . There are videos on how to install pre loader drivers . This was the longest part to figure out. I did it on windows 7 but my zoo has drivers for 32 bit too .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you dwtk. But the link poinitng to the tutorial may be broken and redirects to freaktab home page. At least, I now have the key words "pre loader drivers" to search for and I'm trying to find someting appropriate for the U65GT…

Comment

Try looking for my posts . Search @@ tutorial

Comment

There posted on YouTube too . Should have a link bringing you back to site for full written tutorial with videos

Comment

Got it ! Thank you.

Comment

1. Open Terminal
                            2. become root
                              Code:
                              su
                            3. flash recovery
                              Code:
                              dd if=/where/is/your/recovery.img of=/dev/recovery
                            4. profit!!!
                              Code:
                              reboot recovery

Comment

This looks great ! Can be done on the tablet alone. Siince it's a blind copy (byte for byte, including partition and formating date, etc.) I guess the format of the image is very important. I downloaded an image (listed in the recovery list post of the forum) but it's in bin format.

Does the recovery depend on the partition scheme of the tablet internal memory ? I read expressions like "CMW zip-file for 6Gb app space"…

Addtional question : do you know which is the exepected file system so that i can havt a look at its content before flashing it ?

Comment

Working...
                              X