Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pipo T9 Process System Isnt Responding - stuck in Bootloop running stock 4.2.2 HELP??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo T9 Process System Isnt Responding - stuck in Bootloop running stock 4.2.2 HELP??

My ​Pipo T9 was showing a "Process System isn't responding- wait/ok" error message and was really slow. Now it no longer boots all at (freezes on the key lock screen). When I plug it into USB it asks me if I want to put it into USB mode, then reboots before I can select it.

I don't have my data backed up, so I don't want to wipe / factory reset.

Can I somehow boot into "safe mode" (my other devices allow me to hold power off down to go into safe mode- Pipo T9 does not) to at least recover my photos etc.

or

Can I somehow reflash the stock firmware, or a similar jelly bean firmware leaving my photos/ apps untouched?

Thanks,

Darryl

I doubt that you can boot normally if the system partition is faulty.

If you can get into recovery...vol- and power...I think...you might try to wipe cache. You can also try a factory reset, but that will erase your data.

Flashing a new ROM in "download only" mode usually retains your data...but not always.

If you have CWM or TWRP recovery installed...you can try a NAND backup before you start. After flashing a new ROM you can restore the userdata partition.

Those are the options I would try. Chances are you will end up loosing your apps and data if you have to get too aggressive.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Thanks mate, I'm new to all this stuff. When I try Vol- & Power I arrive at a menu in Chinese (so no idea what the options are). So I tried Vol+ & Power and come to a little Frankenstein Android guy. Pressed power again and get an English menu.

I tried 'Wipe Cache and reboot'. Made no difference.

I chose the back up to SDcard option, and it backed up a 2gb file "userxxx.backup" (I would guess I had about 6gb of stuff on the tab).

So, I've got some sort of backup?? I saw there is a Uniyeff program for extracting the backup file, so I'll try and do that to see what I have.

My next step (assuming there is no Safe Mode Option??) is to put the same stock T9 firmware (from this site) on to another SD Card and chose the update via SDCARD option from the Frakenstein looking Android menu. OR... should I chose a newer firmware from the Pipo Website (that is still the same android version ie 4.2.2?). What is more likely to cause less grief to my data?

Comment

Anyone able to shed some light on this bit?

"OR... should I chose a newer firmware from the Pipo Website (that is still the same android version ie 4.2.2?) Vs using the same stock firmware it came with. What is more likely to cause less grief to my data? "

cheers

Comment

The best thing to do at this point is to flash the stock firmware from the Pipo site. Then you can assess the situation and decide if you want to install my ROM.
          Randy
          Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Ok, My Pipo T9 has been sitting collecting dust for over 12 months. Time to get it up and running again. I downloaded the stock firmware (from a link on this site).

Is there a newer stable ROM out now for the T9 (with a working camera?)... with an easy upgrade process as I have never updated a device before (other than through the settings menu). I was going to try to flash the stock ROM by putting the above files on a SD Card, and then booting using the Vol- + Power method (hopefully that is do-able since I'm basically flashing a clean Jelly Bean ROM over a possibly corrupt Jelly Bean ROM).

Comment

Just an FYI. I re flashed the stock Rom from an SD Card, and it made no difference (same problems). I then bit the bullet and did a factory wipe / reset. Interestingly it wiped all my apps etc, BUT it kept all my photos etc. So I'm a happy little camper. Now I have them backed up, I would be interested in an upgraded OS. If there is a newer (Kitkat/Lollipop/Marshmallow) stable ROM with a working camera (as i use the camera quite a lot) I'd be interested to know if anyone has done so successfully? Cheers all.

Comment

Working...
              X