Ugoos ut3 constant reset and powering off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugoos ut3 constant reset and powering off

I had this unit for awhile now but it's starting to freeze up, and just reset itself, some days more than others. Sometimes it's real hard to watch a show or movie without it resetting. Anyone point me in the right direction? I'm thinking about picking up a minix x8-h today because I'm tired of this...

Hi had some too but never while watching a movie ( just has it since a few day )

Comment

Had you ever tried to use another 5V/3A psu?
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
        Had you ever tried to use another 5V/3A psu?
        No I haven't, think that's the problem??

Comment

It powers on fine and all, just lots of random resets

Comment

Maybe, who knows... often the PSU is the problem if you have freezes and reboots...
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I had some similar issue.

It was probably the power adapter. indead.

Now, my box UT3 look like dead. no power, no blue light, nothing on the TV.

I'm searching to buy a new device( 30$ to repair it + shipment cost, no was).
              I still have an M8 (in my bead room) and a Western Digital TV (as backup, in the leaving room).

I don't know what to buy.

I'll see. I searching how to open my box to check.

Comment

Another m8?

Comment

Almost any 5vdc 2.5 amp+, switching type, power supply with the correct size plug and TIP POLARITY should be sutible for testing basic functions. If using a smaller than 3 amp supply, disconnect USB devices.
                  I have an old PC power supply, with casual modifications, I think it would work for testing. A basic understanding of electronics/electricity required for that.
                  Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by yeroc1982 View Post
                    Another m8?
                    I don't think so, I certainly hope not.
                    Regarding power supplies, the UT3 or other sensitive electronics;
                    I doubt many think to use a line conditioner or quality surge suppressor/UPS on these boxes.
                    I wonder how many product's lives are shortened by this over site.
                    Incoming A/C(wall outlet), can be pretty nasty and inconsistent, and really bad in some areas.
                    I just picked up an HD TV from someone. The set was damaged by a spike during a storm.
                    I fixed it and now I have a working free TV.
                    I'll bet many devices are trashed/replaced by similar events.
                    It is not always the device makers fault.
                    Just sayin'.
                    Last edited by RISCy Dude; 03-15-2015, 01:22.

Comment

Well I'll have to try another source then sometime. I just picked up a minix x8-h today, just playing with it now.

Comment

I had this unit for awhile now but it's starting to freeze up, and just reset itself, some days more than others. Sometimes it's real hard to watch a show or movie without it resetting. Anyone point me in the right direction? I'm thinking about picking up a minix x8-h today because I'm tired of this...
                        It powers on fine and all, just lots of random resets
                        Do these UT3s have fans?
                        Any idea what indicated temps are before failure(freeze, reset)?

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
                          Do these UT3s have fans?
                          Any idea what indicated temps are before failure(freeze, reset)?
                          Not sure of it has fan and not sure of temp at reset.

Comment

Mine has a fan, and the temp was probly not high since the fan wasn't even on when it did. I think it's more a software issue.

In my case, i had the problem after watching a movie, i was browsing available content and xmbc restarted serveral time, then i had the ugoos bootscreen of loading

Comment

Originally posted by tempo22 View Post
                              Mine has a fan, and the temp was probly not high since the fan wasn't even on when it did. I think it's more a software issue.

In my case, i had the problem after watching a movie, i was browsing available content and xmbc restarted serveral time, then i had the ugoos bootscreen of loading
                              What firmware version are you running?
                              Also, you mentioned XBMC. Are you using XBMC or SPMC?

Comment

Working...
                              X