Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resetting firmware on CX-W8?

Hello all,

I've got a Intel Atom Z3735F based small pc...called Woyi CX-W8.
    I screwed up with it probably. Was fiddling around with the rEFInd config to get it to load a bootloader from an USB stick. An unavailable option in the config caused it to prompt for a key press every boot.
    I then proceeded to fiddle around in the USB settings in the Firmware and somehow causing the USB port to go inactive disabling all keyboard input
    I opened it up and disconnected the battery with hopes of the settings getting reset but to no avail. I waited 2 days..

Is there any chance of getting it up and running again or am I screwed?

Thanks

wow....
    i did the same on my egreat i6!

and still haven't found a solution...

Comment

Can you use the keyboard in Windows?

If yes, reflash the BIOS and the default settings will be restored.

This procedure has been reported to solve this problem in similar devices.

To be able to remotely access your device in the case Windows is loading but you cannot use a keyboard and a mouse, you have to enable Remote Desktop Connection by installing the open source RDP Wrapper Library v1.5. This is one of the first things you should do to your Windows installation.

Comment

Thanks but I can't get it to load Windows either. Tried booting from an rEFInd USB drive but it seems that the firmware settings really are screwed

The device has been off without a battery for almost 3 weeks now but the firmware settings were never reset. This leads me to believe that the settings are written on some persistent memory.

Comment

I screwed up my Wintel cx-w8 the same way.....
          Did anyone find a fix?

Comment

Anyone find a fix ?

My W8 is nuked aswell. Played with bios settings and now it wont show any picture...

Comment

Hi
              Same problem here, has someone found something? :-(

Comment

Did you guys managed to do something? I have the same problem on my Cenovo.Thanks!

Comment

For WoYi wintel CX-W8 Win8, I used USB and software list below for android 4.4.4 and windows10:

USB required :
                  1. USB for Android (2G)
                  2. USB for Windows10 (8G)

- Android 4.4.4 (x86)
                  IFWI version 5.6.5 Kernel Version 3.10.20 arron@develop-server#7 Tue Jul 7 19:28 :05 CST 2015
                  Build No. KTU84P.eng.arron.20150707.185537 dev-keys

androidos_and_update_guider.rar (408.07MB)
                  http://download1475.mediafire.com/whkqs698fhkg/6w228mg98bwbho2/androidos_and_update_guider.rar

-
                  Windows 10 Home Edition
                  Total 6 Zip files ( file 1-5 size 716,800 KB, file 6 size 664,448 KB
                  (file 2win10 size 4.16GB)

Comment

how you see the screen? because we cant see anything on tv to install it

Comment

scjack can you post again theWindows 10 firmware please, the link doesn´t work

Comment

Working...
                      X