MXiii 4k Android TV Box Problem, Noob here, sorry if this is wrong area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MXiii 4k Android TV Box Problem, Noob here, sorry if this is wrong area

My box boots straight to Google TV Logo, then loads MBOX Logo and hangs there, I have tried like crazy to get this box into recovery mode to re flash, but it just won' boot into it. I tried using a tooth pick in the AV port until clicks in and hold it there , then I insert the power cord, then I press and hold power button while still holding toothpick in, it just keeps loading up Google TV logo then MBOX Logo and hangs, is there a trick i`m missing with booting into recovery, stumped, been at this for hours.

Try this

Go to the main forum page......tv player support..........amlogic based tv players..........Beelink AML devices......the top sticky is oman's 112k4 firmware. Follow his instructions especially at the bottom about how to use the toothpick method.
    Also if this is your first time starting the box, it will sit on the mbox logo for a long time while it sets everything up. Make sure you wait long enough for it to go into the next menu.

Comment

Thank you derf, I have tired that method as well, I tried every possible thing I can think of with this tooth pick, beside driving it in my eye. I believe my reset in the AV port must be faulty, is their any other method to get this box to boot into recovery ? .... oh and this box isn't new, its a few months old and was working fine until recently, a friend asked if I could give it a go for him
      Last edited by stuct; 03-21-2015, 04:43.

Comment

usb burning tool

Have you tried the usb burning tool with an image file? That should show you if the toothpick will work.
        The burning tool is where I told you to go before, at the bottom of post #1. Just do a search on how to use it.

Comment

Yes I tried the usb method, otg, sd... I`am certain the reset switch hidden in the AV port is dead, I need to bypass this switch method, maybe theirs pins on the board I can short to force this to boot into recovery ?

Comment

Does anyone know which pins to short to get in recovery, Will the nand pin 17 and 18 method work on this box, its a Netxeon MXIII V2.0 S802/RTL8188/1G/8G ?
            Last edited by stuct; 03-22-2015, 01:44.

Comment

Working...
            X