Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HPH V6 Red Lines on screen

Hello guys,

I've received my hph V6b, this week. It's the 4g/32g version with the latest firmaware, without hdmi but 3 usb ports + otg.

At the beginning all was ok but after a half hour I begin to see red lines and marks on the screen,
    as well in games or applications as on desktop.

I looked in config pannel to change refresh rate on hdmi 1080, it was at 60 fps, I put it at 50, marks and lines disappear but returned few minutes after. So I put rate at 30 fps and since that moment, no more lines or marks... Is that normal? Is there a risk that at term lines and marks will come back again? I thought that with the latest firmware the box was able to work in 4k at 50 or 60 fps so Is it normal that in 1080 Its limited at 30 fps?

Do you think I'd better sent it back or it's normal and I keep the box?
    Thank you...

:-)

Originally posted by mo123
    I think you should also try on a different TV and with different HDMI cable.
    Most likely it is 1 of above that is at fault.
    4K only work on 10-bit color 4K TV's.
    Ok, thanks.
    I'll try with another hdmi cable. For another TV it'll be more difficult.
    So for you it's not a GPU issue?

Comment

With certain HDMI cables I don't get any signal put using another I had a signal immediately.
      Also look if you have a 3A Power adapter, 2A one's tend to not have enough power at high bitrate or 4K video when there is high CPU & GPU usage and it also cause stripes and freezes.

If 30 fps or 720 resolution cause no stripes, it has to be the TV, HDMI cables or power adapter.
      I run at 1080p 60hz and have no stripes.
      In fact, the power adapter is 5v, 2A...
      So the problem could come from that.
      I'll try to buy a 3A.
      Thank you.

Comment

With my RK3188 device I had a 2A power adapter but probably fake and weak one.
        It made waves on the screen if I changed to 1080p.
        After making my own KitKat ROM and using 3A power adapter, it disappeared.
        I forgot that with my Teclast p90hd, the power adapter was 3A...
        I tested it with the Nagrace and you were right, no more red lines or red marks on the screen.
        I hope it'll stay like that.
        Thanks a lot Mo123.

Comment

Working...
        X