Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless keyboard sticky buttons effect with HPH

Hi ,
    I have microsoft wireless keyboard (http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en...media-keyboard) I've connected it to the HPH and noticed when trying to enter WiFi password , the buttons I hit are typed multiple times (like sticky buttons) , When I connect the same keyboard to my Minix 8H in the same distance exactly , it works fine.

Any Idea ?!

Try to use the OTG port...
    It seems to be a known problem with some keyboards at the rk3288 devices...
    The OTG is connected directly to the rk3288 while the other ports are using an internal hub-chip...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Will try , but still this is a problem that needs to be fixed

Comment

Originally posted by erann View Post
        Will try , but still this is a problem that needs to be fixed
        You can get various results even with the same keyboard, on the same usb port. If you have multiple input devices like me, such as keyboard, gamepad and air mouse, it even matters the order which you're plugging them in! When it happens to me, I unplug all wifi dongles, and first connnect my keyboard, and then it's ok. As a general note, keep you wifi devices apart from each other. Most of them emit signals at 2.4Ghz, so interference is the most common issue. Even your wifi internet works at 2.4Ghz, so you can get lower speeds and connection issues if your wifi dongle is connected directly into usb port on the box. Also try using an usb hub with longer cable, so you can put it away from the box, or buy an usb extension cable and connect your wifi dongle to it. There are many more solutions like wifi signal shielding, but it requires a bit more work and patience to set up everything. Just google it.

Comment

Connecting the dongle to the OTG port solved the problem.
          But basically all USBs should work fine , not only the OTG.

Comment

agreed... let's not settle for a tech world built on a foundation of workarounds...

Comment

Working...
            X