Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HPH V6 not recognized via OTG

Hi ,
    I have 3 HPH V6 devices , Using the same USB cable and win port (after installing the drivers) 2 of the devices are recognized and 1 of them always give "Uknown usb device" so I can't use the Android Tool to update the rom.

Any idea how I can fix it or does this means the device is bad ?

But you are sure the device is at bootloader mode?

Worst case you can try to use the VID_xxxx&PID_xxxx shown at the unknown device at the rockusb.inf which fits to your system (32/64bit + os-version) which you will find at the "DriverAssitant\Driver\...", but normally you don't have to do it, because they should all have the same and correct VID_xxxx&PID_xxxx, and try to install the driver for this one device manually...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
      But you are sure the device is at bootloader mode?

Worst case you can try to use the VID_xxxx&PID_xxxx shown at the unknown device at the rockusb.inf which fits to your system (32/64bit + os-version) which you will find at the "DriverAssitant\Driver\...", but normally you don't have to do it, because they should all have the same and correct VID_xxxx&PID_xxxx, and try to install the driver for this one device manually...
      Yes , I have 3 HPH , I push the reset button and connect the power.
      In windows , the moment you connect the USB (before you even connect the power) the device is recognized...

1 HPH isn't recognized while the others 2 are....

Comment

Originally posted by mo123
        user gilgaden
        'PC recognized my device for about 3 seconds,then it went off again
        i tried to flash it of course but failed.

I turned bootloader off in the android tool,
        then quickly flashed the device in the 3 seconds i had but crashed on 33%
        i tried again after that and now device is working again.'

Also try using different power adapter from one of the other boxes.
        Use different USB port
        Use different USB OTG cable
        Turn of power saving mode in Control Panel

Try entering maskrom mode to flash
        1. Short-circuit by holding pin,paperclip between pins and then connect power.
        2. Flashtool wil say Maskrom mode
        3. Now you can flash new firmware

If flashtool doesn't work, try AndroidTool_Console to erase bootloader and flash new firmware

That tool always seem to work even if device is bricked.

Also make sure enable usb debugging is enabled in Android settings.
        Connect to PC is turned off/ Maybe try to turn it on and connect to PC and see if it works.

If it still doesn't work
        The OTG is broken, but maskrom mode should bypass the OTG.
        Please check the connectivity using a multimeter.
        It's very likely the OTG dock isn't sold well, or not well connected with the usb cable.
        Hi ,
        1. I don't have multimeter.
        2. I don't wish to open the case , It will void the device warranty (and this one I have for 1 week only !)

Comment

Mo123 , Just to be specific , The moment I connect this HPH to the computer using the OTG port (before I power him...) I get "USB device not recognized"

Comment

Originally posted by mo123
            So if you connect OTG cable to back USB port of PC and connect power adapter and disconnect power, hold reset button & reconnect power, it doesn't detect it?
            Does it show a blue led light if powered on?
            It might be that the OTG inside the box is a bit loose or the reset button doesn't connect properly.
            Tried using the other boxes power adapters?
            Also tried deleting drivers in device manager and reinstalling the drivers.
            You can try using Android/Linux firmware from SDCard and see if that works, there are some tutorials on freaktab.
            Only way to find out if there is something loose or broken is to open the device.
            Have to start from the back at the top part and work your way around the edges.
            The moment I connect the OTG cable to HPH (while no power connected) I get message "USB device Not Recognized" , If i connect power and disconnect it , the blue led is still on (till i disconnect the OTG cable)
            But no matter what I try (holding reset , connecting power , disconnecting , changing cable , changing usb port...) Android Tool always shows "No Devices Found"
            Other 2 HPH V6 devices work fine on same computer with same cables.

Tina asked me to try and get log , I will get it soon and send (HPH also freeze when Kodi start , Freeze when I go to settings -> USB -> click on "Connect to PC"...
            It doesn't behave good.

The most wierd part is that airmouse dongle does work with OTG port , Disk on key power turns on , but I don't manage to see it when going to "FileExplorer"

Comment

Working...
            X