Problems with geekbuying.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with geekbuying.com

I have created a new topic to inform you about my experience with geekbuying.com.
    I do not want to unleash a debate about the usefulness of foreign orders. I just want to tell you my experience, so you can decide for yourself.

I placed my order on 10/07/2012. I knew that there was public holidays. So I was glad that my order was shipped on 10/17/2012. But then nothing happened. The status of my tracking number has not changed since. And this are 5 weeks now.
    I tried to contact geekbuying and get a statement and then later demanded my money back. Except for consolations came no constructive response.
    There was no answer at all, when I threatened to inform Paypal.

The status of my tracking number is still the same. With Paypal I will try to get shut my money back.

HI OP:

This is Geekbuying. I am really sorry to hear your problem,and i feel shocked, because i just confirm with my colleague, they tell me there is no oct "processing" orders, though we got tons of orders before christmas, but now our warehouse staff working 24 hours, and we also add person to do the quality test and pack.

Please send me your order with with priviate message, and please make sure you send your email to our only office mail box:

[email protected]

And we have live chat service on 9:30 AM - 18:30PM GMT +8 TIME ZONE

Our company have rules, all of the customer service should answer all of the emails in 24 hours. so i feel shock to hear your problem ,that there is no reply in almost 1 month!!!

Please PM your order number, i will check for you right now!
    Looking for developers
    http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

orders before christmas.... lol - you told me that my order was shipped 10/17/12.
      give me my money back! i did not get my order. the parcel is lost in space.... since 5 weeks no status update for my tracking number.
      i just wrote 2 emails the last 3 days without an answer.

Comment

Please send me your order number and email address with priviate message, so i can check for you now.

We know it is really upset when lots of people has got their package, but we are still waiting for the package. i can understand it. send me the order, let me track the order, and contact shipping company, if it got lost, we will directly arrange a new replacement to you and will ship with DHL directly, you do not need to pay again,and wait another month to get.

thanks for your understanding.
        Looking for developers

Comment

I have the same problem as winni2001. Goods alleged to have been sent on 10/17/12. Since I am put off by mail only. I have now informed Paypal. I want my money back!

Comment

Sv: Problems with geekbuying.com

I have once ordered goods from USA to Sweden. The customs stopped my package and it took them several weeks to check it and ship it again to me. If you are leaving abroad this might be an explanation.

Sent from the past with One X

Comment

The Customs notified very quickly in Germany. But there I had also been in demand because nothing is for me.

Comment

I have the same problem like the other guys with order sent out on the 18/10/2012 with an estimated delivery time of 15-30 business days. That time's gone now for sure, and although I've received an email response recently to wait a bit more, if I don't see the MK808 I've ordered until Friday this week (23/11/2012), I'll use paypal claim straight away, no lame excuses anymore.
                It was my very first order from geekbuying.com, was planning to buy even more stuff from there, but after this first very unpleasant experience, I'd more then likely ask for the money refund. Period.

I don't say geekbuying.com is a dodgy website, but for some reason (unknown to me) they weren't able to deliver the goods on time as promised. Pity...

Let's paypal do its job!

Comment

I've ordered quite a few items from different retailers using China Post over the last few months, and I can almost guarantee you that this isn't the retailers screwing up, but China Post. I ordered from 3 different retailers in October, which all got sent back to the retailers by China Post after almost 5 weeks with no explanation whatsoever. The packages never actually left the country. I got refunded by two of the retailers, while the third used Hong Kong Post to resend my pack, and I received it within a week.

Personally I'll stay away from using retailers using China Post in the future (or use a more expensive shipping package) unless I feel like waiting a couple of months to receive what I order..

Comment

I currently have a package coming from Korea that is now stuck in US customs. All it says is held by Customs Reason: Other

I cannot find out why or anything? WTF

Bob
                    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I orderd mine 11-5 and had it delivered on 11-07
                      And i am living in the netherland
                      so for me geekbuying is more than ok for me

Comment

Originally posted by Mow View Post
                        I've ordered quite a few items from different retailers using China Post over the last few months, and I can almost guarantee you that this isn't the retailers screwing up, but China Post. I ordered from 3 different retailers in October, which all got sent back to the retailers by China Post after almost 5 weeks with no explanation whatsoever. The packages never actually left the country. I got refunded by two of the retailers, while the third used Hong Kong Post to resend my pack, and I received it within a week.

Personally I'll stay away from using retailers using China Post in the future (or use a more expensive shipping package) unless I feel like waiting a couple of months to receive what I order..
                        You are saying the point. In Oct, our country have “18th CPC National Congress“ and all of the package in china post are delayed, and some of them even get returned. Now we have all changed to Singapore Post to ship package, and it is fast and safe. but it will increase our shipping cost, but for customers, it is alittle fast and safe, so we are glad to change that.

and for that Oct china post package, we are always working with shipping company to check our package status, for those package we know it has been returned, we have all contacted all customer, and offer them solution. and for the other package, the shipping company said it has been shipped out of china, and on the way to your country, in this case, if we send refund, we will lost all of the package, it is a big lose for us, however, we also understand the customers' feeling,it is so upset when you paid the money, but get nothing, we promise we will refund the money is the package is lost, hope you can guys can give us a little more time to check with shipping company.

and here is a kind remind for all of the buyers;
                        Due to christmas is coming, there are too many package shipped out to china, every year, in this period, the shipping will become slower than before, if you want to receive your package fast, please choose the DHL or EMS shipping. and as a seller, now we have a team and check with all of the different shipping company,and we want to make sure all of the package shipped from geekbuying will be out of china fast.

thanks!
                        Looking for developers

Comment

Constantly new excuses ...

What's next? Easter?

I order a lot in China. And all other packets are delivered much faster. Only Geekbuying has difficulties allegedly.

Comment

Originally posted by diger View Post
                            Constantly new excuses ...

What's next? Easter?

I order a lot in China. And all other packets are delivered much faster. Only Geekbuying has difficulties allegedly.
                            Hi diger,
                            Just a reader here of your frustration and really want to know what happen as I am about to order from them too. To help substantiate your claim of poor service from geekbuying why not attach all the past emails you sent to geekbuying that supposedly they didn't response and also a screenshot of the order proccessed in geekbuying.com(you can blanko your name and order number and anything confidential). Then you will definitely achieve your goal of alerting others else it will be "he says, she says" kind of scenario.

Btw, Geekbuying, I am staying in Singapore. If I order from you using standard airmail will you ship by Singapore Post?

regards

Comment

I have never bought anything from geekbuying and i will not defend them in anyway.

But the shipping time from china is currently very high.
                              My orders from china with dealextream took almost 8 week to get to Sweden with china registered mail,
                              that without any customs problems.

You can check average delivery time on http://www.17track.net/ReportEn.html?cv=213
                              enter china and registered mail and your home country. You can even track your shipment.

By the way, the note of the convention is actually true.
                              This is DX NEW forum, you can discuss electronics & accessories and find smart tech here.

// C

Comment

Working...
                              X