Flash Mode Failed in UG802 with original Android 4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flash Mode Failed in UG802 with original Android 4.1

First: I'm NOT noob. I have UG802 before, flashed them successful and sold them.

Today I get another UG802 but with Android 4.1 stick.

In Finless ROM Flash Tool I have "Found RKAndroid Mass Storage Usb" but when I click on "Reebot to Flash Mode" I get error "Flash Mode Failed". I do not known why.

1. "Connect to computer" is ON.
    2. "USB Debugging" is OFF.
    3. Have "Mass Storage" (few times I change it to "Media Device (MTP)" and again change to "Mass Storage").
    4. Driver is installed.

I have "Found RKAndroid Mass Storage Usb" but still have "Flash Mode Failed".

Help please! Why in previous device with original Android 4.0 Finless ROM Flash Tool works but in device with Android 4.1 Finless ROM Flash Tool do not works?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CowPL; 11-22-2012, 18:49.

I do not know. The command the tool sends must be supported by the kernel. It is possible the sticks your getting now have that disabled for some reason?

Fire up the RKBatch tool and use the switch button from that and see if it will go into flash mode. The switch button in RKbatch tool does the same thing as reboot to flash in RKAndroid tool. See if that works. If the switch button works then just close RK batch tool and reload rkanderoid tool and it should be in flash mode.

If that doesnt work, then for some reason it seems this new ROM coming on the stick has disabled this feature.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I used RKBatch tool 1.5 (switch button) and it works Next used Finless Tool and flashed with 1.6 Rom.

So "Reebot to flash mode" do not works in your tool in original Rom Android 4.1 but works in RKBatch tool 1.5.

Thank you

Comment

I have the same problem, but I'm with Finless 1.4a installed the easy way. Currently I'm trying to flash 1.7, but have the same error. Will try the other mentioned tool.

Comment

Just reboot your device and try again.

Repeat till you're able to enter flash mode.

That's what I did.

Comment

I just got UG802 with Android 4.1 last week. When tried flashing with Finless 1.4, the SD way got it stuck on the blue android boot up screen. Left for 2 hours still there. Tried re-booting still blue... Maybe it's the new 4.1 update their putting on them? I'm a UG virgin, just need to know if I have a $50 paper weight, or is there any hope.
            Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by mstal View Post
              I just got UG802 with Android 4.1 last week. When tried flashing with Finless 1.4, the SD way got it stuck on the blue android boot up screen. Left for 2 hours still there. Tried re-booting still blue... Maybe it's the new 4.1 update their putting on them? I'm a UG virgin, just need to know if I have a $50 paper weight, or is there any hope.
              Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
              If I'm not mistaken. 1.4a is ICS and if you already had JellyBean on it, then that means the SD card method won't work.

You can always go into recovery mode by opening the unit and shorting 2 pins. There's info here on the forum.
              After that, you would have to apply 1.4a or why not try 1.7, using the pc flash method.
              It's actually pretty easy if you have an available computer nearby.

Comment

Back Up

Thanks "gabb" for pointing me in the right direction. Just finished the ug802, education tour, and after cracking the box open and re-loading firmware, I'm up with Finless 1.6. Great stuff, however my app store and facebook is stil dead, do you guys think it might have something to do with being Canada based myself ?? ThanX for all the help, cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by CowPL View Post
                  I used RKBatch tool 1.5 (switch button) and it works Next used Finless Tool and flashed with 1.6 Rom.

So "Reebot to flash mode" do not works in your tool in original Rom Android 4.1 but works in RKBatch tool 1.5.

Thank you
                  I'm experiencing this same issue. Where did you find RKBatch tool 1.5? I can't seem to find it in these forums. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by CowPL View Post
                    First: I'm NOT noob. I have UG802 before, flashed them successful and sold them.

Today I get another UG802 but with Android 4.1 stick.

In Finless ROM Flash Tool I have "Found RKAndroid Mass Storage Usb" but when I click on "Reebot to Flash Mode" I get error "Flash Mode Failed". I do not known why.

1. "Connect to computer" is ON.
                    2. "USB Debugging" is OFF.
                    3. Have "Mass Storage" (few times I change it to "Media Device (MTP)" and again change to "Mass Storage").
                    4. Driver is installed.

I have "Found RKAndroid Mass Storage Usb" but still have "Flash Mode Failed".

Help please! Why in previous device with original Android 4.0 Finless ROM Flash Tool works but in device with Android 4.1 Finless ROM Flash Tool do not works?
                    Hey, I had that happen and for whatever reason if I was quick with clicking reboot to flash mode after switching to USB mass storage it seemed to work consistently. If I hesitated it would error....granted this does not make sense to me....but that is what I experienced. At first I thought I had one of those clones that wouldn't flash, but it finally worked....good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by wegafan View Post
                      Hey, I had that happen and for whatever reason if I was quick with clicking reboot to flash mode after switching to USB mass storage it seemed to work consistently. If I hesitated it would error....granted this does not make sense to me....but that is what I experienced. At first I thought I had one of those clones that wouldn't flash, but it finally worked....good luck.
                      Very strange, but it worked! Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by zblahz View Post
                        Very strange, but it worked! Thanks!!
                        I changed my USB port on my laptop and also quickly clicked after mass share and worked a treat.

Comment

I think weak USB port can cause the problem. Notebook USB ports cannot provide enough power. Try with a PC. I hope it will work.

Is it UG802 V1 or V2?
                          I set my V2 into flash mode with this: (pic 9 and 10)

Comment

got a black screen nothing more.

can someone please tell me how to fix this. rk flash tool does not work and finless wont flash or detect device. THIS WAS AFTER I DID A FLASH... If anyone can tell me how to get it back please reply asap

Comment

[QUOTE=kisist1;48720]I think weak USB port can cause the problem. Notebook USB ports cannot provide enough power. Try with a PC. I hope it will work.

You were right, mines had the same problem when hooking up at my laptop, but when i used my usb hub it recognised the stick and i was able to flash.thx!

Comment

Working...
                              X