Rikomagic 802iii ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rikomagic 802iii ?

first and foremost hello to the forum, I'm wondering if anyone here can give me some pointers? I'm about to purchase my first TV stick.... It's probably going to be the Riko 802iii 8Gb, for all intents & purposes are these indentical to the ug802? it does appear they are but i just want to reassure myself before i go ahead with my purchase. Secondly, will i be able to use Bobs (Finless) custom roms he's made for the ug802?

My other reason for choosing this stick is the work Andrewdb is doing on Linux for the Riko.... otherwise i would have gone with the Minix Neo G4, looks to be better made etc etc, with the research i've done it appears the Neo G4 uses the same wi-fi chip as the riko/ug802 but i'm not 100% certain can anyone say whether it is or not..... the Neo would be my preferred choice, plus it comes with a 5v usb psu, the Riko doesn't

Kind regards
    Peter

Anyone ?.... surely someone could help a noob who owns a 802iii or anyone else for that matter....

kind regards
    Peter

Comment

I have an MK802 III.
      Yes, the MK802 III is apparently identical to the UG802 hardware-wise, except:
      1) It has 8GB of NAND flash vs. the 4GB in the UG802.
      2) It comes from the factory with a properly configured Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean).
      3) The case is different (and in my opinion better quality, but that's just my opinion).

I haven't tried Bob's custom ROMs for the UG802 on the MK802 III yet, but I believe they should work.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewDB View Post
        I have an MK802 III.
        Yes, the MK802 III is apparently identical to the UG802 hardware-wise, except:
        1) It has 8GB of NAND flash vs. the 4GB in the UG802.
        2) It comes from the factory with a properly configured Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean).
        3) The case is different (and in my opinion better quality, but that's just my opinion).

I haven't tried Bob's custom ROMs for the UG802 on the MK802 III yet, but I believe they should work.
        Thank you very much Andrew, I had read your comments on another forum concerning larger NAND,, better case this was the reason I was opting for the MK802iii over the UG802.....just a shame they leave out a psu.

I'll be following your progress on Linux dev for the RK3066 closely as this is what interests me the most.

kind regards
        Peter

Comment

Welcome to FreakTab Andrew!

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            Welcome to FreakTab Andrew!

Bob
            Thanks Bob! And also thank you for all your great ROMs and all the information you provide here. Certainly one of the best resources on the web for Android TV Players and Tablets!

Comment

Thanks Andrew and I cant wait to try your linux build your making. People have been asking for this on rockchip for a long time. Seems most ROMs do not supprt loop device as one of the many reasons for it not working. I am sure there are more. I am no kernel guy so having someone that is working on it is surely exciting!

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

IF the powersupply that comes with the MK802 was similar in quality to the piece of crap that came with my UG802, you wouldn't be missing anything (besides headaches) without it...

Comment

Originally posted by cokesux View Post
                  IF the powersupply that comes with the MK802 was similar in quality to the piece of crap that came with my UG802, you wouldn't be missing anything (besides headaches) without it...
                  Thank you for the warning, i'll source myself a better one. I did wonder whether these cheap psu's were delivering a true 2amp, appears not.

kind regards
                  Peter

Comment

Working...
                  X