Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minix Neo X5 owners...did you upgrade to 4.1.1 Jelly Bean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minix Neo X5 owners...did you upgrade to 4.1.1 Jelly Bean?

Hi everyone,

Any user reviews from the Minix X5 already?

I'm getting mine this Monday from geekbuying. On Geekbuying's description as well as Minix's facebook page it states that it is upgradable to Jelly Bean. Has anyone upgraded their X5 or happens to know how to do it? I'm totally new to Android devices, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Originally posted by leoesu View Post
    Hi everyone,

Any user reviews from the Minix X5 already?

I'm getting mine this Monday from geekbuying. On Geekbuying's description as well as Minix's facebook page it states that it is upgradable to Jelly Bean. Has anyone upgraded their X5 or happens to know how to do it? I'm totally new to Android devices, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    According to Minix Facebook, the 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) update will be release on next week with flash tool.

Comment

Originally posted by jerrylee View Post
      According to Minix Facebook, the 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) update will be release on next week with flash tool.
      That's awesome!
      Thanks for the update

Comment

4.1.1 update for Neo X5

MINIX. Gefällt 24.604 Mal · 3 Personen sprechen darüber. Official Forum: www.theminixforum.com Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1qIAgKG Amazon CA: http://amzn.to/1qCLJeh Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1Wcl9Eo...

4.1.1+1080p firmware for NEO X5 available here:
        http://www.sendspace.com/file/cisp01
        you may download it first and wait for our instruction about how to flash it! DON'T do it without our tutorial.

Comment

MiniX NEO X5 firmware updates and instructions

For updates, all personal data and apps will be deleted from the internal memory. Therefore, back up all important data. After the update again, all settings again. As always, everything at your own risk. For any damage not accept responsibility

1.- Firmware Download and unzip
          2.- Turns the X5 and closes the unattached USB cable to the OTG port or PC to
          3.- On the X5 on the back there is a small button called "RECOVER". This button, press down gently by paper clip, you can feel a distinct resistance
          4.- Switch on while holding the RECOVER button to release X5 and after about 5 to 7 seconds
          5.- Windows will now try to install the driver, but it will fail. In the Device Manager is where you will be shown an unknown device. Then installs the appropriate drivers from the "Driver" folder manually (depending on which operating system or 32/64 bit version)
          6.- Now Opens RKBatchTool. It should now appear below a pink or green button. If it is pink, you have to perform steps 2-4 again
          7.-If the dot is green, the tool has detected the X5. Goes above the upper right on the button with the three dots and select the appropriate. Img file from the firmware folder from
          8.- Then you press down the button restore. The upgrade is now done. At the end of a message is that the upgrade was successful / successful
          9.- The X5 should then launch in a new, what will take a while. Stop in time in any case the power supply! Done!

2012-11-29 (BETA)
          Update Android 4.0.4 -> 4.1.1 Android

Comment

Hi everyone,
            Where to buy Minix Neo X5 in Singapore?
            Pls,

Comment

My Neo X5 is already reloaded with android 4.1.1

Comment

guess since seeing that others are getting their units with JB,
                i will upgrade mine,
                i usually like to see more feedback,but i feel ok with this one

Comment

took a look and it was already 411JB
                  didnt know because of the custom screen,
                  not fond of that,anyone know how to change the look?(i am new to android)
                  and would also like file to put ICS back on,
                  xbmc keeps freezing or crashing,as does browser.
                  and i have mk808 with JB so would like to check out ICS
                  BootlegGreg

Comment

I upgraded my x5 using the software and instructions from this thread successfully. The problem I had is that then I tried to do the same for my cousin's x5 on the same computer, it would not read it. Is there any reason for this or way to work around this?

Comment

i had to hit the pinhole button 5 times or more on mine before it would take,
                      i was getting worried,but then it beeped on my pc

Comment

Originally posted by BLG View Post
                        i had to hit the pinhole button 5 times or more on mine before it would take,
                        i was getting worried,but then it beeped on my pc
                        I did that several times. Still nothing. Like I said, the first time went smooth. I dont know why I couldn"t do it on the second device.

Comment

Working...
                        X