iMito MX1 Wifi Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iMito MX1 Wifi Issues

I know i'm not the only one but has anyone found a good way to fix the wifi issues with the iMito MX1? Wether it be hardware related (i can solder with the best of them) or even an add-on part like ethernet adapter. Anything would be nice at this point. I also have a MK802-3 i am going to try messing with this afternoon to see if it has the same problems.

Originally posted by jwm2 View Post
    I know i'm not the only one but has anyone found a good way to fix the wifi issues with the iMito MX1? Wether it be hardware related (i can solder with the best of them) or even an add-on part like ethernet adapter. Anything would be nice at this point. I also have a MK802-3 i am going to try messing with this afternoon to see if it has the same problems.
    I use a USB 2.0 to RJ45 adapter, but I'm still not getting the full speed from the unit. It's attached to a wireless AP that receives a solid 150mbps signal, but the adapter & MX1 only hits about 5-10mbps.

Some folks on the MK808 have reported success with the cheap GMYLE WLAN 150mbps adapters after adding drivers to their devices, but I don't know if it's compatible with the MX1. Any knowledgeable folks like Finless or deadHP1 know if that's a possibility with the MX1? I thought I read something that the WiFi files are setup differently on the MX1. The instructions for the 808 are as follows.

1) copy rtl8192cu.ko to /system/lib/modules after you have mounted with rw (I usually run ESexplorer with root options)
    2) rename /system/lib/modules/rkwifi.ko -> /system/lib/modules/rkwifi.ko.old in case you need that later
    3) rename /system/lib/modules/rtl8192cu.ko -> /system/lib/modules/rkwifi.ko
    4) fix permissions, I do that from terminal, but I think you can do that from ESExplorer as well
    chmod go+r /system/lib/modules/rtl8192cu.ko
    chown root:root /system/lib/modules/rtl8192cu.ko

Comment

Me and my friends recently bought 4 sets 1 of the set is also having wifi issues where it will connect at 65mbps then drop to 1mbps. Already tried to flash the firmware to latest 11/19/2012 anyone got any solution?

Comment

Working...
      X