NEW U30GT H 1.09 900supersport 1.08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW U30GT H 1.09 900supersport 1.08

With the help of Cel1971 I've managed to cook up a ROM worth posting. I've called this a 1.08 ROM as at present it does not offer init.d support (I've not given up on this).

ROM U30GT H 1.09 900supersport 1.08 (266 mb)

The ROM installs as normal.
    • Uncompress the archive
    • remove any sdcard
    • put your cube into flash mode
    • connect to the PC
    • start the ROM tool
    • Erase IDB
    • Flash

First boot will take you into a touch based clockwork recovery. Reboot from here and the cube should boot normally. You will probably find on the first full boot you are warned about the internal storage being faulty, press this and format and you should be good.

Within the ROM kit is
    • the kernel from 1.06 used only for recovery
    • touch based clockwork recovery
    • stock boot.img with embedded kernel from 1.09
    • system rooted, debloated, market fix
    • 2 gig user space for apps

As usual thanks go to the team here at freaktab, I couldn't do this without the support on this site and a special thanks to Cel1971 for his willingness to take on the role of tester for this ROM.

Enjoy
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Re: NEW U30GT H 1.09 900supersport 1.08

Hello 900SS, first of all I cannot thank you so much as you deserve for your work.

Regarding this ROM, I am not aware of the meaning of not having init.d support, what does that imply? On the other hand, Pimp my Rom app has an option to add this support, is it possible to get this using PMR.

If you install the ROM you will get kernel 1.09, is it safe? In previous versions you could brick your cube updating to this kernel. What improvements do you get?

Comment

Re: NEW U30GT H 1.09 900supersport 1.08t

The Rom should flash and boot fine.

During initial testing we had just black screen on boot. We tracked this down to not booting from the stand alone version of the kernel.

To resolve this problem the Rom uses a totally stock boot.img with embedded kernel. This way you get all the improvements from the kernel plus my. Changes to system.

Don't worry about init.d support would be my advice.

I'm 100% reliant on feedback from users as my U30GT h is broken. Please let me know how you get on.
      900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

FYI 1.10 released for U30GT-H http://www.51cube.net/ch/DownShow.asp?ID=110... I'm only just tasting 1.09!

Comment

Thanks Ceptic, I'm downloading. Should have a bete available this evening. Based on the lessons learnt from 1.09 I think the first beta should be useful.
          Last edited by 900supersport; 12-01-2012, 09:40.
          900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Sweet, thanks.

Sent from my U30GT-H using Tapatalk 2

Comment

NEW RELEASE

V1.10 is just out!
              to optimize the system stability .
              aah...just saw...ceptic was faster....

downloading the original and a rooted version now...

Comment

I've got a download and have unpacked. Looking at it I should be able to have a ROM kit available today.

It will have
                • touch based clockwork recovery
                • root, debloat, market fixes, busybox
                • 2 gigs useddata (apps space)
                900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Will there be a option to just UPDATE or is this FULL WIPE ?

Comment

It will be a full wipe I'm afraid
                    900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Never mind....it´s just a very important info from my point of view.
                      People need to know they have to backup up their important stuff before flashing.
                      You may add this info/order to backup important stuff to your OP to prevent possible complaints

Comment

Working...
                      X