Uhost2 Android 4.0 RK3066 Dual Core 1.6GHz Android Mini PC TV Stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uhost2 Android 4.0 RK3066 Dual Core 1.6GHz Android Mini PC TV Stick

Uhost 2 is the improved version of Uhost, it comes with Android 4.0.4 ICS(is about to upgrade to Android 4.1 soon) Rockchip RK3066 Dual core 1.6 CPU and Quad Core GPU,it also features built-in bluetooth,support skype,XBMC,Netflix.
    Comparing with other android mini PC, UHOST 2 use the different launcher, so you can change the launcher easily by yourself. What’s more,it supports to power off the device in the menu.(This is the only one which has this function in dual core mini pc). And it add a function called” hide status bar” on setting menu.

Source:

Product Information:

What’s in the box?
    1 x Uhost 2 Dual Core TV Box
    1 x AC Charger (US type)
    1 x HDMI Cable
    1 x USB Cable
    1 x User’s Manual
    1 x Uhost 2 Dual Core TV Box
    1 x AC Charger (US type)
    1 x HDMI Cable
    1 x USB Cable
    1 x User’s Manual

Originally posted by mrpotato View Post
    it comes with Android 4.0.4 ICS(is about to upgrade to Android 4.1 soon)
    On ICS, the uHost2 is plagued with audio-video sync problems.

and while we are promised a fix with jelly bean 4.1, it is just vaporware so far (22 January 2013)

So people, hold your wallets until the manufacturer Smallart put out the JellyBean firmware.

As always, NEVER buy on promises.

Comment

Damn! How come this is not mentioned in any 'reviews'?

Originally posted by smog View Post
      On ICS, the uHost2 is plagued with audio-video sync problems.

and while we are promised a fix with jelly bean 4.1, it is just vaporware so far (22 January 2013)

So people, hold your wallets until the manufacturer Smallart put out the JellyBean firmware.

As always, NEVER buy on promises.
      Just got one of these, nice build quality, 2 full size USB ports plus a mini USB port that also powers the box (too big to be called a stick, but still can hid behind the TV. Can turn it off via RC11 airmouse/keyboard. Can even turn it back on, but only if it has been off for less than 10 minutes or so. After that it is a matter of cycling the power. Can live with that.

What I can't live with is the audio sync problem. This was not mentioned in any of the reviews or forum comments anywhere till just very recently. Why not? I saw it straight away when looking at YouTube.

It may be that using software decoding may be OK, but that doesn't work with HD files, like from my camcorder and as it has a whizzy GPU why not use it.

Another problem is that it is tied to the USA Google Play Store (well prices are in '$' so it could be elsewhere). This stops me getting UK specific TV related Apps as I am in another country, but of course, I am not.

Got a HDMI to VGA adapter and cable collection to have a look at it on a monitor and connect to a PC.
      Family want to watch TV, so I don't get the run time. Might be able to fix region problem, but I hear the sync is down to Rockchip and JB is supposed to fix that. Don't know why, they didn't get it right in ICS. I wont be holding my breath.

Anyone know if there is a RK3066 TV stick/box that does not have sync problems with HW decoding to HDMI? Or any other CPU for that matter.

Ah, seems like Smog above is using Finless 1.5 for original mk808b on a uhost2 and it solved all the audio sync problems. Maybe it is not a deep software problem.
      I'll give it a try, should also fix the region problem. Have used Finless ROMs befor on my old Cube tablet, good stuff.
      Last edited by Grazzer; 01-24-2013, 12:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Grazzer View Post
        Ah, seems like Smog above is using Finless 1.5 for original mk808b on a uhost2 and it solved all the audio sync problems. Maybe it is not a deep software problem.
        I'll give it a try, should also fix the region problem. Have used Finless ROMs befor on my old Cube tablet, good stuff.
        Finless 1.5 is a JellyBean firmware (4.1.1) where Rockchip patched the problem. OEM firmware for the uhost is still IceCreamSandwich (4.0.1)

Comment

Uhost2 fixed with Finless 1.5

Originally posted by smog View Post
          Finless 1.5 is a JellyBean firmware (4.1.1) where Rockchip patched the problem. OEM firmware for the uhost is still IceCreamSandwich (4.0.1)
          Hi smog, thanks for the pointer, it worked. Flashed my Uhost 2 with Finless 1.5 yesterday and tested it and it pretty much all seems to work, WiFi OK, Bluetooth OK as far as pairing and transfering an MP3 concerned, now get GBP priced Google Play and have access to BBC iPlayer etc and no lip sync issues on streaming or local files, fantastic.
          I've lost the power off icon on the status bar but I could use the 'Restart' app that powers off via superuser, though I am more likely to use the power button on my Measy RC11, which works fine.
          Only problem I've found is that the stock browser freezes everything when bookmarking a page. Anyone else seen this in JB? Pre-JB I have found the stock browser the most reliable. Will of course try others.

Thanks Bob and team for again rescuing an Android device with your great ROMs. I feel a donation coming along.

Comment

AW: Uhost2 Android 4.0 RK3066 Dual Core 1.6GHz Android Mini PC TV Stick

I'm am Working right now on a Firmware with Jellybean 4.1.1. I have the new Firmware from Manufacturer this Firmware was not better. So I make a complete New Rom but in moment it is beta the Rom boot but no wifi and bluetooth. This rom will be also for probox2.

Regards

Neomode

Send from my SG3

Comment

Uhost2 specific cooked ROM, interesting.

Originally posted by neomode View Post
              I'm am Working right now on a Firmware with Jellybean 4.1.1. I have the new Firmware from Manufacturer this Firmware was not better. So I make a complete New Rom but in moment it is beta the Rom boot but no wifi and bluetooth. This rom will be also for probox2.

Regards

Neomode

Send from my SG3
              Hi Neomode
              I would certainly be interested in trying your ROM when it is ready. I saw that Smallart had bought out JB, but not sure it would be worth it as their ICS would not go to the UK region of Google Play and I see no mention that their JB is different. It has some interesting features though, like control by Android phone, internal SD card and external SD switch feature, although there are apps that do these.
              I will stick with the Finless 1.5 for now as it does the important things, but as I say, I will be happy to flash yours when it is ready.

Grazzer

Comment

Working...
              X