Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cube U30GT-H and OpenVPN

Hi all,

has anybody success with OpenVPN on the Cube U30GT-H? I can install a tun-module with tun.ko-Installer, but when i try to establish an OpenVPN-connection the Cube freezes.

regards
    Markus

Re: Cube U30GT-H and OpenVPN

Originally posted by mh254 View Post
    Hi all,

has anybody success with OpenVPN on the Cube U30GT-H? I can install a tun-module with tun.ko-Installer, but when i try to establish an OpenVPN-connection the Cube freezes.

regards
    Markus
    Cube or rock chip have not properly integrated a tun / tap module into the kernel

Sent from my U30GT-H using Tapatalk 2

Comment

AW: Cube U30GT-H and OpenVPN

Yes i know, but tun.ko installer downloads a module. I can insmod this module without errors, but the Cube freezes when the connection is established.

Gesendet von meinem U30GT-H mit Tapatalk 2

Comment

Yes i know, but tun.ko installer downloads a module. I can insmod this module without errors, but the Cube freezes when the connection is established.

Yes me too, and the tablet freezes because cube or rock chip didn't integrate the modules. The module from the tun installer seems to be generic for a similar kernel, but it seems something is different or missing from the module or kernel.

I spent quite a while trying to get help from both cube and rock chip, whom both pointed fingers at the other.

I even tried to get help from Cisco as I use their any connect software, they were very helpful but had to admit defeat.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that one day it will work.

Comment

working tun.ko for cube

Friends,

I was in the same boat as you are, been testing for a couple of weeks. The problem is indeed the tun.ko that gets installed with tuninstaller.

Attached you'll find a working tun.ko zipped, this should solve your problems with openvpn. At least it works flawlessly on my Cube now.

tun.ko.zip

Comment

Thank you very much for this module. Its working with OpenVpn on my Cube. Is there a way to load the module at boot time? Right now i have to insmod the module after each boot manually. Not a big problem, but maybe you know a way to avoid the manull step.

Comment

Thank you very much for this module. Its working with OpenVpn on my Cube. Is there a way to load the module at boot time? Right now i have to insmod the module after each boot manually. Not a big problem, but maybe you know a way to avoid the manull step.

I've put it in /system/lib/modules, and whenever I start openvpn settings, all I do is select which openvpn I want to start and that's it. Try if that helps?

cheers,

Wiz

Comment

I placed the module in /system/lib/modules too, but it didn't work for me. As a workaround i run a script at boottime to insmod the module.

Comment

Wiz,

This is totally awesome, where did you find the working tun. ko module?

I tried it with Cisco rooted anyconnect on my cube and it worked beautifully .

Oh andi also just threw the working tun. ko module into system/lib/modules. I did reboot to be sure and any connect just picked it up.

I'm running 1.11 rooted stock rom .

Comment

Originally posted by andyvbrown View Post
                    Wiz,

This is totally awesome, where did you find the working tun. ko module?

I tried it with Cisco rooted anyconnect on my cube and it worked beautifully .

Oh andi also just threw the working tun. ko module into system/lib/modules. I did reboot to be sure and any connect just picked it up.

I'm running 1.11 rooted stock rom .

I cannot remember exactly where I found it, I know how you guys feel when it just don't want to work.

I since then found a kernel source for RK3066 from a spanish tablet so it could be build from source now too. Hopefully Cube will obey the GPL and release theirs too so I can get my rtl8150 usb ethernet dongle working.

cheers,

Wiz

Comment

Wiz,

Wherever you got it I am happy, been stuffing around for months trying to get VPN working.

Hopefully you Aldo have luck with the kernel source.

Comment

Just thought I would provide feedback after using the tun. ko file from this thread.

Works beautifully, reconnects and does all I needed.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                        X