Why are people adding wiffi sticks to there mk808s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are people adding wiffi sticks to there mk808s

my wifi is almost perfect i get 3 out of 4 bars (sometimes all 4) running speedtest app i get 22.34+ mbps and thats perfect its not like im using it to download large files just apks. if i want a larger file i remote into my main desktop in the bedroom and download everything that way. video and audio streaming is excelent threw plex/mediahouse and even netflix is perfect its actualy better then netflix on my desktop and thats wired into the router

what do you guys get when running a speedtest with and with out usb wifi dongles.

Originally posted by white-enochian View Post
    my wifi is almost perfect i get 3 out of 4 bars (sometimes all 4) running speedtest app i get 22.34+ mbps and thats perfect its not like im using it to download large files just apks. if i want a larger file i remote into my main desktop in the bedroom and download everything that way. video and audio streaming is excelent threw plex/mediahouse and even netflix is perfect its actualy better then netflix on my desktop and thats wired into the router

what do you guys get when running a speedtest with and with out usb wifi dongles.
    I got consistent 18mbps, which is great. netflix and everything was perfect, but it would still lag badly when streaming huge files (like 15+gb 1080p movies). I think most 1080p bluray movies were unplayable because of the lag.

I had a spare RJ45 USB to ethernet adapter laying around and it is absolutely perfect now, no 1080p movie has lagged at all since I started. I know it's not a wifi dongle, but it's proof that the wifi wasn't perfect. My MK808 was right next to the router, too.

Comment

My UG802 with one antenna build in connects to my router with 150MBit, the Router shows a data-rate of 81MBit/sec.
      The MK808 connected to the same TV shows up a connection of 65MBit, the Router shows a data-rate of 39MBit/sec. Same Videos played in this configuration stuck and were not watchable. My USB-Dongle using a RTL8192CU-Chipset pluged in the MK808 connects @ 300MBit, the Router shows a data-rate of 270MBit/sec. In this configuration the Video-Playback is much better than before.

But i have to say i'm using a different firmware, because Wifi-Dongles are not supportet out of the box.

Comment

then what are you using for keyboard mouse?

Originally posted by epichigh View Post
        I got consistent 18mbps, which is great. netflix and everything was perfect, but it would still lag badly when streaming huge files (like 15+gb 1080p movies). I think most 1080p bluray movies were unplayable because of the lag.

I had a spare RJ45 USB to ethernet adapter laying around and it is absolutely perfect now, no 1080p movie has lagged at all since I started. I know it's not a wifi dongle, but it's proof that the wifi wasn't perfect. My MK808 was right next to the router, too.
        I am wondering what you are using for keyboard mouse?

Comment

I have connected a powered 4 Port UsbHub to my Android Device. At this Hub there is the Wifi-Dongle and a RC11-Keyboard connected.

Comment

Where to you find how fast the connerqction to the router is

Comment

If i connect to the User-Interface of my Router and look the WIFI-Connections, there are the devices listed which are/were connected.

this is an old Picture, made before using WLAN-Dongle

Comment

Originally posted by mrbil View Post
                I am wondering what you are using for keyboard mouse?
                droidmote!

Comment

Working...
                X