Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many MAKERS are there of MK808 device?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many MAKERS are there of MK808 device?

hi guys I'm new here, not new to tech or android devices [though much a learner].
    my product management background causes me to look for certain things and I'm wondering: are there a lot of different makers producing their own MK808-labeled device? obviously there are a lot of sellers, and some sellers 'rebrand' with their own name, but what I'm chasing is whether there are three or five or 10 actual assemblers who do the work of making the device, testing [we hope] and shipping to ??? either end buyers or intermediaries.

thanks if you can help answer

C

So based on what I know and having all these TV players apart. Most of them use what some call a "reference design". That is they implemented the RockChip reference design for this device. If you looked at the boards you will see they are all almost identical board layouts with some variance on wifi hardware or other compatible chipsets.

So I am going to make a call that some board maker is making the boards for most of these companies based on spec. The final companies are then having made the cases (plastic molding can be EXPENSIVE and is an investment) as well as customize things like adding antenna and heatsinks.

So in the end, I would say NOT many different companies are actually producing the boards but many companies are making thier own "branded" models.

My .000002 cents.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

i follow it - thank you for the insight.

there's definitely an opening here for somebody to juggle these, figure out which has the low failure rate, then offer them with a guaranteed return/warranty/something. we all know that cheeeeper is not always cheap in the longhaul

Comment

They all looked the same to me.

If only I could tell which is the best quality of the lot.

That is more important.

Comment

Originally posted by gtee View Post
          They all looked the same to me.

If only I could tell which is the best quality of the lot.

That is more important.
          elsewhere on some other thread our Leader remarked about soldering differences he has observed among the devices. humans put these things together and some of the humans are not healthy, they live under extremely stressful conditions, have rigid production [not necessarily quality] quotas to make, etc. there are pronounced diffs among them. like you, I think what is needed is for geekbuying and competitors to review samples rigidly, stop dealing with the ones that do shoddy work, sell only the best. problem is, most people want "what is the cheapest I can get" - then complain about the doa's, infant mortality, overheating, erratic performance, etc. putting controls in place would surely raise the cost per unit.

Comment

Minix Neo G4. They seems to be the better quality ones. That`s the one I wanted, but there was no UK based sources. Also, I think the Neo G4 is the only one that is FCC and EC approved.

Comment

Originally posted by NelsonX View Post
              Minix Neo G4. They seems to be the better quality ones. That`s the one I wanted, but there was no UK based sources. Also, I think the Neo G4 is the only one that is FCC and EC approved.
              Yes it is.

Comment

Working...
              X