MK808 horrific with Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK808 horrific with Netflix

Otherwise this little gadget seems to work really nicely with a 55" full-hd tv but Netflix, the main reason i bought the device, is practically unwatchable. The picture stutters so badly no matter what the settings are, so i had to go back to plugging my laptop with the tv to watch movies.

Has anyone been able to figure out what is the cause of this and if it can be fixed?

Sv: MK808 horrific with Netflix

Hmm Netflix works pretty ok pn my mk808 on a 42 inch 720p philips tv.

Maybe som problem w scaling to 1080?
    But I also am a bit disappointed w quality but that is because Netflix only streams 480p on Android.

Skickat från min HTC Desire via Tapatalk 2

Comment

Ok, the 480p solves the question of why the picture was so soft. I thought that maybe the internet connection was too slow to achieve a better picture quality but it is a limitation of the app itself. The scaling possibility came also in my mind. Could that be a problem with the Netflix app or the device?

Comment

I'm not having this issue with my MK808 running the Finless 1.5a ROM, however I did have the problem with choppy image with Netflix on my old MK802II. The reason for this was that there was too many apps still running in the background, which I solved by using https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tes.fastreboot to free up memory.

Comment

I have 1.5A too and practically no other apps installed as Netflix is just about the only thing i need this gadget for. I went through all the HDMI modes it has but no help. I could live with the dvd quality but this stuttering is just too much to cope with. Damn.

Comment

Here is a link to a HD Netflix APK on xda-developers
            TV Stick: MK808 // Tronsmart T428
            ROM: Finless 1.7c w/Pimp My Rom // Nexus SDK2 Multi-Window v1.2
            CPU: @1.6GHz OnDemand Governor NOOP I/O Scheduler
            Recovery: ClockworkMod
            Kernel: Omegamoon // 1080p OC kernel 720ddr 1.9cpu
            Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II
            ROM: Whompasaurus v4.2
            Kernel: Persus

Comment

The stuttering you are referring to is a low framerate. Netflix for mobile does three things to cut down on the data transfer. One they limit to 480p on all devices except two. Then they limit the bitrate a bit to keep the flow going better. The other is they lower the FR to 20FPS which cuts out a lot of frames. Movies are 24 FPS and TV shows are 30 FPS. Dropping these to 20 FPS causes a hiccuping effect in motion sequences. Now if you are getting really super bad two to three seconds worth of stuttering then that is another issue. But if you are referring to the small consistent skipping, especially during panning of the camera or large object rolling by, then that is due to the FR being dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by reddragon72 View Post
                The stuttering you are referring to is a low framerate. Netflix for mobile does three things to cut down on the data transfer. One they limit to 480p on all devices except two. Then they limit the bitrate a bit to keep the flow going better. The other is they lower the FR to 20FPS which cuts out a lot of frames. Movies are 24 FPS and TV shows are 30 FPS. Dropping these to 20 FPS causes a hiccuping effect in motion sequences. Now if you are getting really super bad two to three seconds worth of stuttering then that is another issue. But if you are referring to the small consistent skipping, especially during panning of the camera or large object rolling by, then that is due to the FR being dropped.
                Thank you for a very clarifying answer. Yes, this is exactly what happens. Watching a train go by in a movie is a pain because of the 'twitching'. Do you happen know if there are any plans to publish a 'non mobile' version of Netflix?

Comment

Originally posted by Spotopolis View Post
                  Here is a link to a HD Netflix APK on xda-developers
                  That might be nice if it still worked ok.

Comment

NetFlix

Originally posted by reddragon72 View Post
                    but they still expect us to pay them money for such whiz-poor video?

Comment

Netflix doesn't want you to stream high quality movies to android devices for this exact reason, because we can stream them to TV's! It's the same reason you can't watch free hulu on your android you have to get plus, it's a different licensing agreement with the makers of TV and movies, they know nobody wants to sit at a computer to watch tv and movies, so they made it free for those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Broman View Post
                        Netflix doesn't want you to stream high quality movies to android devices for this exact reason, because we can stream them to TV's! It's the same reason you can't watch free hulu on your android you have to get plus, it's a different licensing agreement with the makers of TV and movies, they know nobody wants to sit at a computer to watch tv and movies, so they made it free for those guys.
                        Not exactly true. I can easily stream to tv in hq with a W8 laptop. I also pay 8 euros/month for the service..

Comment

Originally posted by Broman View Post
                          Hu?
                          Netflix app is on Samsung Tv´s, PS3, Xbox and many more
                          As long as u pay the monthly fee they dont care if you stream it to your bathtub...

Any way. The Netflix app is ok on tv but. The subtitles are way to small..?
                          And it skips frames. Very notable.
                          I read that have now made netflix available for linux..
                          Could this mean we soon might be able to access Netflix true our browser for real HD ?

Comment

I have found that stuttering picture can also be linked to poor wifi connection. Here is what I have noticed with NetFlix on my mk808 with finless 1.5a and Kizs 720p kernel: every time picture quality changes from better to worse or vice versa (pixelated to less pixelated and the other around), there's some frameskip. If your wifi connection is such that you're constantly switching between brief periods of decent picture and then periods of poor resolution, there is going to be a lot of frameskip in between. So a lot of skipping problems can be alleviated by addressing the internet connection of the 808, and there are a ton of posts of this forum and on armtvtech.com that can help you with that.

Comment

Sv: MK808 horrific with Netflix

Maybe it's time for a coordinated e-mail / twitterstorm to Netflix support where we demand HD quality 720p for the Android app. Now!

Skickat från min Desire via Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
                              X