Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PTAB7XC Semi-Brick help please!!

Hi,

I was running the aokp cm9 rom that was posted here for several months now with no issue. The other day I tried to turn the tablet on and it just hung at the Polaroid screen. I played with livesuit for hours trying to get it to flah the latest firmware and after trying numerous times I finially got it to flash on my old windows xp laptop. I then rooted it since the new firmware isn't rooted, and then after loading the necessary files for CM10 to my sdcard, I rebooted into CWM and flashed the ROM wiper. This is where it really took a turn for the worst. For some reason I'm nowe unable to flash any ROM from within CWM. When I choose to selct zip file on sd card I get an error message saying " Can't open /sdcard/Rom Name.zip (bad) Installation aborted.

I've tried different SD cards, used SDFormatter to format nad then formatted to fat32 and reloaded the ROMS and still none will flash. So at this point I'm at a loss. I'm unaware of a different recovery other than CWM that's compataible let alone if I'd be able to flash it from within CWM since I can't seem to be able to flash anything at this point. I'ver tried for days to get Livesuite to flash a stock ROM but my Windows 7 x64 desktop was unable to work with Livesuit, as device manager would always show the VID twice, with one device unable to install the driver. The laptop that was abel to flash the latest firmware now seems to be having the same issue, and with the deivce not being able to be turned on I can't re-install the drivers outside of Livesuite. Sorry if this seems like a mess, I'm beyond frustrated and exhausted at this point and could really use some help. Thanks

Originally posted by PolaroidTabUser View Post
    I rebooted into CWM and flashed the ROM wiper. This is where it really took a turn for the worst. For some reason I'm nowe unable to flash any ROM from within CWM. When I choose to selct zip file on sd card I get an error message saying " Can't open /sdcard/Rom Name.zip (bad) Installation aborted.
    It sounds like you're getting read errors from your external SD card (have you noticed any noise or drop-outs playing music from a card?). If so, just install from the internal "SD card". When the tablet is booted normally, enable USB storage then copy over your files to the internal. In CWM, the "install zip from sdcard" submenu should have an option to use the internal SD; choose that, then select your file. WFM.

Comment

Originally posted by dolorespark View Post
      It sounds like you're getting read errors from your external SD card (have you noticed any noise or drop-outs playing music from a card?). If so, just install from the internal "SD card". When the tablet is booted normally, enable USB storage then copy over your files to the internal. In CWM, the "install zip from sdcard" submenu should have an option to use the internal SD; choose that, then select your file. WFM.
      Thanks for the help dolorespark. The problem is I can't get past the initial Polaroid screen and I have no access to the internal memory or ability to put it into debug mode. I had it in debug mode prior to trying to upgrade to CM10 but I'd imagine that when I ran ROMwiper that that was changed. I had'nt noticed any issues with the sdcard however right before the issue initailly started, I had just moved some apps from the internal storage to the sd card. Is there anyway to push a file to the internal memory, even if the rom has been wiped? It seems like this could all be resolved if I could get livesuit to work, but for some reason I just can't get it to do so, even on two different systems.

Comment

Originally posted by PolaroidTabUser View Post
        It seems like this could all be resolved if I could get livesuit to work, but for some reason I just can't get it to do so, even on two different systems.
        This morning, for the first time ever, I had problems getting LiveSuite (or more nearly, Windows) to recognize my tablet. It turned out that the tab wasn't really and truly off - it just looked like it was. I had to hold the power button down for at least 15 seconds (with the tab not connected to anything) to turn it off. If you haven't already done this, you may want to try it.

Comment

Originally posted by dolorespark View Post
          This morning, for the first time ever, I had problems getting LiveSuite (or more nearly, Windows) to recognize my tablet. It turned out that the tab wasn't really and truly off - it just looked like it was. I had to hold the power button down for at least 15 seconds (with the tab not connected to anything) to turn it off. If you haven't already done this, you may want to try it.
          Thanks for the suggetion. I made sure it was definitely off and that doesn't seem to be the problem. It seems like it's liekly driver related, as both pc's seem to not be able to install the drivers properly. It's strange becuase months ago, before doing a reinstall of the O/S, I was able to get livesuit working and was able to flash the cm9 ROM. The other issue might be with the required button presses. I'v followed the firmware installation guide and while holding down the home button and with the usb cable unplugged, I plug in the usb cable to the tablet and then, while still holding the home button, rapidly press the power button 3 times and then vol + . On my desktop, this is where kuvesuit stops responding and freezes until the usb is removed from the tablet. On my laptop nothing happens. I noticed that while in CWM, if I quickly press the vol+ button to scroll it doesn't always respond unless I I slow down and do a more distinct press. I'm not sure if it's a button issue or what. I sure wish there was an alternative to livesuit that would'nty make us jump through hoops like this.

Comment

After what seems like several hundred attempts and days of messing with different livesuit versions and drivers I finally got livesuit to be able to flash their latest firmware version 4.03. This was also the last ROM I was able to succesfully flash to the tablet. Unfortunately I'm not able now to flash the elektricity_rom_v0_ , official 4.0 firmware or even thew same verion 4.03 again as a test. I'm starting to think this is an issue with the button presses. I know southerntelecom states to perform the upgrade process that I outlined above, but I've also read of other users holding down the volume key or keys and then pressing the power button up to 10 times. It seems like it may not matter which buttons you hold (other than power obviosuly) while hitting the power button. It also seems that the number of presses on the power button may not be an exact thing. I'd love to hear from anyone that can comment on the procedure they follow to flash their PTAB7xx with livesuite.
            Last edited by PolaroidTabUser; 12-11-2012, 03:13.

Comment

Working...
            X