Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which android stick is built the best? (most durable)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which android stick is built the best? (most durable)

I just bought the MX2 and am reading the usb power source on these and the 802 are cheaply made. I am already preparing for it to break. What android stick is built the most durable in case this does happen?

I'm in the same boat with the MX2 and I've already come to terms with not being able to use one of the ports. If they both work it will be a bonus. If it really bothers me I will solder the connection points. I have a powered hub I plan to use so Its doubtful I will need all three. Far as I can tell it looks like all these device come from the same factory or maybe the same street in China. Quality looks about the same so its luck in getting a bad/working model.

Comment

3 words:

Made in China.

Comment

Originally posted by gabb View Post
        3 words:

Made in China.
        Well, is there anything that isn't these days?

Comment

Originally posted by gabb View Post
          3 words:

Made in China.
          LOL... true but LOL

Anyways, my MX1 has held up nicely so far. I am using all three ports and no issues. I am at the ready though if one does let go as I am a 2M tech and can soldier the smallest of pads

But yes My MX1 is on 24/7 and has been now for nearly a month.

Comment

Originally posted by reddragon72 View Post
            LOL... true but LOL

I am a 2M tech and can soldier the smallest of pads

navy??????

the navy is the only place i've actually hea5rd it referred to as 2m.

funny thing is, as many times as i was removed from the list to go to the coveted 2m school in the nav, now i solder components many times smaller than anything i would ever have come across in shipboard equipment.

now to brag a bit........

how small of stuff can you do without a microscope? i can go down to 0603 components but 0402 and smaller i gotta use the scope. and chips with a .5 pitch or more make me feel like i have a football field between the pins. i'm sure you know just how that feels, lol.

Comment

Yes, the power source is cheaply made. I use a different power plug that I just happened to have lying around, and it helps the device work much better overall. I think it's true that the build quality of the sticks themselves is inconsistent, but if you have a working stick, I'd concentrate on finding a better power supply, which is certainly less expensive than replacing the stick itself.

Comment

So I have MX1, ug802, MK808, and a MK802-3.

All of them EXCEPT the MK808 use the same cheap micro USB port that can break off if your not careful.
                The MK808 uses a mini-USB connector that is attached very robust!

I have already had to repair my ug802 and MX1 connectors. Since I am a developer I am constantly pluging and unpluging. I have tried to do that at the other end of the USB cable but sometimes it cannot be avoided to unplug at the board. As careful as I have been with them, UI still broke them off due to repeated use.
                SO WORD OF CAUTION! Be very careful using these connecotrs and try not to use them too much!

I did some research on solder down micro USB port connectors. There is a cheap verion that the case of the connector is soldered down to the board at only 2 points in the middle. This cheaper connector allows it to "rock" or pivot and in the process allows the soldered pins to move up and down on the board thus ripping the solder pads for the pins off the board. Not good. So you can actually have a failure without the connector coming completely off the board. I know! It's happened to me.

I have found other micro-USB connoctors taht attach at 4 places front and back. My Ramous and Yaundao tablets have this version and I have not had a single issue with them.

In my opinion the manufacturers need to spend the few cents more and use a more robust "user firendly" connector and solve this very common issue of the connector failing due to normal use.

Bottom line the MK808 is the most "robust" hardware wise.

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Hi,