Backup and Restore XBMC user data on Android

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup and Restore XBMC user data on Android

This may be a really stupid question but is it possible to backup and restore XBMC's user data from an Android device to copy on another device or restore to the original device after rooting or reflashing? I know it is possible on apple tv, is it possible on android? If so, is it as simple as copying the user file and pasting it to the new/rooted device or is it more involved?

Not using XBMC on my device yet, but you should be able to keep the data by using Titanium Backup to make a full backup of XBMC.

Comment

You can copy the folders in /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/ to the new device (I did this when I changed roms as Titanium backup does not backup all the info). You need root capabilities to access and see this directory.

Or you can download the XBMC Backup addon within XBMC, set the directory to save to and use that to backup and restore.

Comment

Originally posted by fl4r3 View Post
        You can copy the folders in /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/ to the new device (I did this when I changed roms as Titanium backup does not backup all the info). You need root capabilities to access and see this directory.

Or you can download the XBMC Backup addon within XBMC, set the directory to save to and use that to backup and restore.
        Thank you. Where would I download that add-on? Under what menu would I find it?

Comment

Within XBMC, go to Programs -> Program Add-ons -> Get More... then look for XBMC Backup.

Remember to specify a location to store the backups.

Comment

Thanks guys. I did a backup using xbmc backup and it made a folder with the date. I copied that folder to a micro sd card and then tried to copy it from there to my ug802 (running finless 1.7). It started to copy but it was acting really weird then asking me to restore files. Whether I clicked on restore or cancel, it still acted really weird and kept asking me that. Long story short, I couldn't copy the backup files onto the device. Anyone know why it wouldn't copy? I tried using xbmc backup to restore from the micro sd but it doesnt give me the option. There is a directory option called sd but that is the internal device memory? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
            X