whats yours request for finless rom 1.4 arnova 10 g2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats yours request for finless rom 1.4 arnova 10 g2

My request is support for bluetooth stick.

Whats yours ? people
    if you love my work please buy a coffee

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
    https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

</form>

+1 for the bt stick idea; I'd like to see Titanium included in the ROM, if possible. Also, waiting to see if you can figure out a way to modify the kernel to support usb fastcharge....this thing takes forever to charge!

Looking forward to moving up from 1.1 to 1.3 later this weekend.
    Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
    HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
    Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

Comment

I will never put paid or even free apps in my ROM.

Let me explain why. It has to do with EULA's. Folks, even though an APP maybe FREE in the Market does not mean you can put it in a ROM! The EULA contains rules about distribution! Titanium Backup is one of them. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DISTRIBUTE THEIR CODE! They want you to go to the Market, etc to get it! So while it is free, the distribution of it is NOT FREE FOR YOU TO POST OR PIRATE AND HOST ELSEWHERE!!!!

This is how the Market works guys! The free APP makers get revenue based on visits and ads, etc from the Market! You think the programmers did this for free and are not making money somehow? Don't be fooled! FYI GO Launcher is the same way! They make revenue from distribution through sites with ads that make money! PLEASE read EULA's before assuming you can just post up a FREE app somewhere because it is FREE. It's distribution "rights" in the EULA may not be free!

So please folks understand copyright laws and free vs distribution rights.

FreakTab will always be free to users but we cannot violate copyright or distribution EULA requirements. We are not about pirating or violating any persons code and EULAs.

I do this kind of stuff for a living so I understand the deal.... Just understand why sometimes we can't cook things into our ROMs.

I hope this makes sense? RESPECT code and app makers wishes please.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        I will never put paid or even free apps in my ROM.

Let me explain why. It has to do with EULA's. Folks, even though an APP maybe FREE in the Market does not mean you can put it in a ROM! The EULA contains rules about distribution! Titanium Backup is one of them. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DISTRIBUTE THEIR CODE! They want you to go to the Market, etc to get it! So while it is free, the distribution of it is NOT FREE FOR YOU TO POST OR PIRATE AND HOST ELSEWHERE!!!!

This is how the Market works guys! The free APP makers get revenue based on visits and ads, etc from the Market! You think the programmers did this for free and are not making money somehow? Don't be fooled! FYI GO Launcher is the same way! They make revenue from distribution through sites with ads that make money! PLEASE read EULA's before assuming you can just post up a FREE app somewhere because it is FREE. It's distribution "rights" in the EULA may not be free!

So please folks understand copyright laws and free vs distribution rights.

FreakTab will always be free to users but we cannot violate copyright or distribution EULA requirements. We are not about pirating or violating any persons code and EULAs.

I do this kind of stuff for a living so I understand the deal.... Just understand why sometimes we can't cook things into our ROMs.

I hope this makes sense? RESPECT code and app makers wishes please.

Bob
        No offense intended. I know the developer of SetCPU, for instance, insists that his app not be included in ROMs. I've seen Titanium in a few ROMs from time to time, and didn't realize that the developer didn't want it distributed that way. I completely understand! I paid for Titanium Backup Pro, so all I really need is a file manager in the ROM, which the Arnova comes with, to navigate to my apk for installation in between flashes.

I've flashed ROMs on my Android phones so many times, I just take certain things for granted.

Again, no offense intended. BTW, 1.3 is amazing. I can't believe there's 800 megs of space free and I've installed most of my apps already.

And I have the Philly Newspapers tablet, and it was easy to restore my backups of the 3 PMN apps.

Thanks again.
        Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
        HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
        Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

Comment

Harold, no offense taken my man...... Just pointing out the pitfalls of the software industry and EULAs as it exists today. Some ROM cookers want to add all the cool apps but they do not realize they maybe violating copyrights or EULAs. I do not want to see them get in trouble as all they are really doing is trying to help people enjoy their device and investment!

BTW... WHO NEEDS A $800 Apple Ipad now? These Tabs are going to ROCK and every day a new one comes out that is better and under $400!

Anyway, I am glad 1.3 is working out for you Harold! Thanks for your input and thank you for joining us here on Freaktab!
          Never feel afraid here to ask a question or make a suggestion! Sorry if I came off a little hard on the included APP thing... Again it is what I am involved with for a living so I just wanted to point out the issues and pit falls with doing so.
          Thanks for taking the time to add to the convo about this... RESPECT to you!

Enjoy,
          Bob

Comment

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Is this the same rules for the bt drivers.
            So yes sorry for the topic i made.
            maybe you better delete the topic than.

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif

</form>

Comment

No need to delete the topic. It a good convpo and allows people to understand about copyrights and stuff.

No worries.

What are the BT drivers your asking about?

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                No need to delete the topic. It a good convpo and allows people to understand about copyrights and stuff.

No worries.

What are the BT drivers your asking about?

Bob
                I want to buy a bluetooth stick for my arnova.
                But i read that's not working on the tablet.
                With one is the best for these tablet for adding drivers in the future.

</form>

Comment

I do not know. Fenice57 managed to get some BT drivers on the 7G2 but I do not know which sticks are supported. Later I will look into it a little as I too would like BT

Bob

Comment

It's gotta be 3G support for dongles. Don't know if its allowed under the EULA rules though.

Comment

Working...
                    X