usb hard disk flipping between "removed" and "preparing storage"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

usb hard disk flipping between "removed" and "preparing storage"

It's on UG802 which is running finless 1.7. My usb hard disk is very unstable and flips between "removed" and "preparing storage" every a few seconds.
    Anybody notices similar issue?

whats the power rating on your wall adapter my external sata 2.5 dosent work well on a 1 a but works perfect with a 2a psp charger i modded into a power supply for my mk808

Comment

Robinvane--- This is a power issue, and I've more or less given up connecting USB hard drives to my mk808. One of the things that is supposed to relieve the issue is to use a powered USB hub (a hub that has its own power supply and isn't powered by the host device). This has worked for most people, though it has not worked reliably for me.

Also, using a different power supply on your UG802 may provide some benefit. The power supplies that come with these devices are notoriously crummy. I'm using a 5v/2.5amp adapter from an older cellphone, which has done wonders for me in terms of being able to reliably use USB thumbdrives and has even improved the quality of my wifi signal.

Start with the powered USB hub, if you haven't already.

Comment

Originally posted by nalf38 View Post
        Robinvane--- This is a power issue, and I've more or less given up connecting USB hard drives to my mk808. One of the things that is supposed to relieve the issue is to use a powered USB hub (a hub that has its own power supply and isn't powered by the host device). This has worked for most people, though it has not worked reliably for me.

Also, using a different power supply on your UG802 may provide some benefit. The power supplies that come with these devices are notoriously crummy. I'm using a 5v/2.5amp adapter from an older cellphone, which has done wonders for me in terms of being able to reliably use USB thumbdrives and has even improved the quality of my wifi signal.

Start with the powered USB hub, if you haven't already.

I am using a 2A power, but external HD does not reliably connect :-(
        I am giving up now.
        Thank you all for the reply!

Comment

robinvane-- perhaps i was a little long-winded. the point i was trying to make was that not any 2A power supply supply will do. the quality of the power supply matters.

Comment

Working...
          X