imito MX2 freeze with WiFi enabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

imito MX2 freeze with WiFi enabled

I have a freezing problem with my MX2 running build iMito_RK3066_V411_121129. I turn off Wi-Fi and can run for hours without freezing. Once I enable Wi-Fi it would freeze within 15-30 minutes while browsing or doing anything network related.
    Update... The MX2 with Wi-Fi off will also freeze when running AnTuTu Benchmark on the OpenGL ES1.1 test every time.

Originally posted by fantasmicmickey View Post
    I have a freezing problem with my MX2 running build iMito_RK3066_V411_121129. I turn off Wi-Fi and can run for hours without freezing. Once I enable Wi-Fi it would freeze within 15-30 minutes while browsing or doing anything network related.
    Update... The MX2 with Wi-Fi off will also freeze when running AnTuTu Benchmark on the OpenGL ES1.1 test every time.

I was getting a lot of random reboots and freezing but all were fixed when I stopped using the TV's usb port and used the supplied power brick. Runs much faster and not one crash since.

Comment

So you don't have anything plugged into the MX2 USB ports? I thought originally it might have been the usb keyboard and mouse pulling too much power so I just used the mouse and it still was freezing. The power adapter is labeled at 2 Amps but I haven't had a chance to measure true power output.

Can I ask what you are using to control your MX2? Are you using droidmote or VNC?

Comment

I am using Droidmote with my tablet as the controller. Works very well actually. Worth the few dollars it cost for the server app.

Comment

Hey there...

We have same Problems on the Vondroid.com Forums with freezing MX1 with Wifi.
          We found out, that there are 2 Versions of MX1. One is the freezing One with red Pcb inside, and the good One is with a blue PCB.
          For now we have no Reason found to fix that Wifi freezing Problem.

look also here: http://vondroid.com/threads/imito-mx...ort-test.3181/

Comment

I tried using droidmote with nothing plugged into the USB ports and I'm still having freezing/reboot issues. I guess there's no solution for this problem.

Comment

Have you tried upgrading to the Finless 1.4 ROM?

Comment

No, but I believe the Finless 1.4 ROM Is based on the 11/19 build. I tried both the stock 11/29 firmware and the 1080P beta firmware and they both still freeze.

Comment

Here is another data point:

I received an MX2 with blue case (don't know the color of the circuit board) on 12/17 which locks up immediately when the wifi setting is changed from off to on . This MX2 has 11/29 firmware. Zhangyan shipped it to me on 11/30. I ordered the MX from in4dealz on 11/24.

Comment

Working...
                  X