Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using an HDMI to DVI or Display Port adapter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone using an HDMI to DVI or Display Port adapter?

Just wondering if anyone is using their device with something other than an HDMI display. For some reason, I thought my monitor had an HDMI port, but it turns out it only has DVI and Display Port. I can use either with my computer, so could free up the other for my MK802-III. But pretty much ever adapter I've seen is for going the other way - DVI or Display Port as a source going to an HDMI display, and they aren't necessarily uni-directional.

Just don't want to buy something that doesn't work.

Thanks.

Either Finless or 2Dark4U is using HDMI --> DVI. Make sure Your monitor can do 720p or 1080p before purchasing.

Comment

I was using a HDMI to DVI to my PC monitor which supported ONLY 1280x720. It would not do 1920x1080.
      So these means I could not use any of the 1080 kernels.

Now I have a new tv/monitor so I am using HDMI.

With that said however, just because your monitor may support that resolution, it does turn on how how old the monitor is and it's supported protocol for DVI. Some older monitors wont work. One of my older monitors that supports the resolution of 720p would not sync at all. I would get some kind of "out of range" error on the monitor.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I found an adapter for $6, so I'm not risking much. My monitor's native resolution is 2560 x 1600, so resolution shouldn't be a problem, although I know there are no guarantees.

It works fine on my HDMI capable TV in another room, but fiddling and hacking on it, it's a bit painful through a VNC client.

And thanks for all the work you do on these, Bob... 1.7 is running perfectly.

Comment

Working...
        X