Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Android TV player for elder parents. Advice needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android TV player for elder parents. Advice needed.

OK I need a lil advice on which android TV player would be best to get fory parent's who are not tech savvy at all. I own a MINIX neo x5 and raspberry pi with xbmc on both but every now then I have hick ups with both so I'd would prefer not to get them one of these. Looking for one I could set up for them and it just works(no muss no fuss) because I stay couple hours away. But I will be able to update and maintain it every no and then. Thanks forum in advance for the advice. Happy holidays.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

well most tv sticks dont have a on off button so you manualy have to plug and unplug them inless you attach a switch

Comment

Re: Android TV player for elder parents. Advice needed.

Originally posted by white-enochian View Post
      well most tv sticks dont have a on off button so you manualy have to plug and unplug them inless you attach a switch
      How can this be done. Is there a say two sided USB female switch I can purchase or will have to cut and splice wires myself. Also which TV player is the most stable.

Comment

You would have to make one or use a power strip and have only the sticks power supply plugged into it. One thing to note though is that some powered USB hubs feed some power back to the device. I have one right now that even if I unplug the power from my MX1 it will still be running as the USB hub is feeding power back to it. If you are going to have a hub plugged in as well then simply have the bugs power wupply plugged into the same power strip.

Comment

Originally posted by reddragon72 View Post
          You would have to make one or use a power strip and have only the sticks power supply plugged into it. One thing to note though is that some powered USB hubs feed some power back to the device. I have one right now that even if I unplug the power from my MX1 it will still be running as the USB hub is feeding power back to it. If you are going to have a hub plugged in as well then simply have the bugs power wupply plugged into the same power strip.
          OK thanks sir. What do you all think is the most stable box and/or USB style player is the most stable in regards to xbmc, Netflix, YouTube etc.

Comment

mk808 is the only one i use xbmc streams perfect over upnp or smb from my windows 7 computer also plays great from an external hardrive youtube and netflix works great some people say there wifi drops alot and are not usable but mine runs perfect . your want to switch out the 5v 1a powersupply that comes with it for a 5v 2a (modded a psp charger for this) you can ether buy one or make one.

mine was 63 including shipping shipped from new mexico to michigan in 3 days from the only us seller i found on ****

Comment

Originally posted by white-enochian View Post
              mk808 is the only one i use xbmc streams perfect over upnp or smb from my windows 7 computer also plays great from an external hardrive youtube and netflix works great some people say there wifi drops alot and are not usable but mine runs perfect . your want to switch out the 5v 1a powersupply that comes with it for a 5v 2a (modded a psp charger for this) you can ether buy one or make one.

mine was 63 including shipping shipped from new mexico to michigan in 3 days from the only us seller i found on ****
              How is the streaming video in xbmc on the mk808 such as icefilms , 1channel, navix. My parents would just be using it to stream video.

Comment

Originally posted by robbdeeze View Post
                How is the streaming video in xbmc on the mk808 such as icefilms , 1channel, navix. My parents would just be using it to stream video.

only thing i use is navi x the videos that actualy play work great even some of the live tv

720 p plays perfect i only watched one 1080p movie which was night mare before christmas and it was great

most movies work on navix some dont but thats not the tv sticks fault.

ont work but all the buttons you need do work
                if you do get them a tv stick best thing to do besides keyboard/mouse would be to get them a cheap mce remote i know for sure this one works almost perfectly with mk808 some buttons dont work but al the usefull ones do play pause foward rewind stop arrow keys mouse buttons ect

the prices range from 12-20 bucks for the eact one im using

http://www.****.com/itm/Wireless-PC-...item56504b0d77

Comment

Working...
                X