Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possibly Bricked my Minix Neo X5. HELP!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possibly Bricked my Minix Neo X5. HELP!!!!!

Pleasehelp. I possibly bricked my Minix NeoX5. When I got it I upgraded to 4.1.1 using the following build andinstructions:
    4.1.1+1080p firmware for NEO X5available here:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/cisp01
    MiniX NEO X5 firmwareupdates and instructions

For updates, allpersonal data and apps will be deleted from the internal memory. Therefore,
    back upall important data. After the update again,all settings again. As always, everything at your own risk. For any damage notaccept responsibility

1.- FirmwareDownload and unzip
    2.- Turns the X5and closes the unattached USB cable to the OTG port or PC to
    3.- On the X5 onthe back there is a small button called "RECOVER". This button, pressdown gently by paper clip, you can feel a distinct resistance
    4.- Switch on whileholding the RECOVER button to release X5 and after about 5 to 7 seconds
    5.- Windows willnow try to
    installthe driver, but it will fail. In the DeviceManager is where you will be shown an unknown device. Then installs theappropriate drivers from the "Driver" folder manually (depending onwhich operating system or 32/64 bit version)
    6.- Now OpensRKBatchTool. It should now appear below a pink or green button. If it is pink,you have to perform steps 2-4 again
    7.-If the dot isgreen, the tool has detected the X5. Goes above the upper right on the buttonwith the three dots and select the appropriate. Img file from the firmwarefolder from
    8.- Then you pressdown the button restore. The upgrade is now done. At the end of a message isthat the upgrade was successful / successful
    9.- The X5 shouldthen launch in a new, what will take a while. Stop in time in any case thepower supply! Done!

2012-11-29 (BETA)
    Update Android4.0.4 -> 4.1.1 Android
    Everythingworked fine initially. I’ve triedconnecting it back to the computer to resolve freezing issues but I think I mayhave disabled the device or uninstalled the driver. Either way, I cannot get any computer torecognize it. It was still workinghowever. I tried to hook it up to acomputer again and put it in recovery mode. The computer still won’t recognize it. Now if I try to turn on the Minix, it starts turning on and hangs on theMinix screen. The Minix symbol justflashes but it wont load. I can get thedevice into recovery mode. Is there away to reset the device to factory settings, possibly without hooking up to acomputer? What should I do? Please advise.

the same way you loaded the 4.1 file,
    load the old file,,
    and hopefully it will recover,
    mine came with 4.1 on it,and it had major freezing and crashing issues,
    i downgraded and all is fine now,
    link in this thread,

good luck,
    bootleggreg

Comment

Thanks BLG,
      I got it going. I tried a different computer and usb cable. I think it was the cable all along.
      Merry Christmas

Comment

Working...
      X