MK808 V103C: No wifi, need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK808 V103C: No wifi, need help!

Hi guys, I've got my gear today from miniandroidpc.com and oh well, I'm stupid.

I was trying to connect my MK808 through an HDMI splitter but unfortunately it would work only with lower resolutions. I don't know why, that splitter works with PS3 and all other gears in my household quite well.

So I decided to try Finless Bob 1.5 firmware for MK808 and eventually lost wifi. Additionally, it messed the HDMI output: screen was flickering every 10 seconds and showing "Check Signal Cable" even when connected directly to the TV without any splitters.

So I tried all available firmware editions for MK808 with not much of luck, wifi never started working and screen flickering continued. So I realized that probably my gear is not really MK808. I opened it and noticed this number: 808 v103C. Then I tried the stock firmware for MK808b, no luck again.

After all, the newest Finless Bob firmware for MK808b fixed the flickering problem but still no wifi.

Could someone please point me to the proper firmware for my device? Is there any way to fix wifi? Any way to get HDMI working through splitter at higher resolutions?

P.S. I've added some photos of my gear, maybe this helps. Here they are:
    http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5136/cameraroll1.jpg and http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3627/cameraroll.jpg
    Last edited by belovo; 12-29-2012, 18:06. Reason: Added photos

That is a very different looking 808!

When you are flashing are you erasing IDB (NAND)?

CHances are it has different wifi hardware thus none of the current ROMs work.

Did this model advertise bluetooth with it?

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Bob, thanks for your reply!

No, wasn't advertised as bluetooth-enabled but with 808b firmware I can see bluetooth switch in Settings menu. I can't activate it (same as wifi).

How do I erase NAND on this device? Should I put a pin between NAND chip legs as it says in the guide for MK808?

Comment

When you flash my ROM there is a button that says erase NAND. YOU MUST DO THIS when going to any of my ROMs or you will get problems like that. So when you flashed my ROM using the tool I provide you did not erase NAND?

Bob

Comment

No, I guess I didn't! I'll try that now.

And looks like it does have bluetooth, I've just checked it with their website.

Comment

Then flash my MK808-B ROM. Make sure you erase NAND.

In all my ROM kits is a readme... it explains all this.

If you still have no wifi then try the Imito MX1/2 1.5 ROM. If after that you still have no wifi, then sorry to tell you this unit may have different wifi hardware and we will need a stock ROM for it.

Bob

Comment

Ok, I'll try that all and get back with my results.
              Thanks for your help, you're awesome!

Comment

Ok, I tried erasing NAND and flashing 808b firmware, still no wifi.
                With iMito my device won't boot at all. The LED fades away and nothing happens.

So it seems like the hardware is different. I'll try contacting those folks from miniandroidpc, maybe they are gonna give me a stock firmware. I'll post back my results then.

Comment

One more thought. Bob, do you think I should try short-circuiting the NAND legs according to your guide?

I tried erasing it without doing that. Is there a difference? Sorry for a dumb question

Comment

Originally posted by belovo View Post
                    One more thought. Bob, do you think I should try short-circuiting the NAND legs according to your guide?

I tried erasing it without doing that. Is there a difference? Sorry for a dumb question
                    The only time you need to do that is if your having errors when flashing ROMs. If you can flash ROMs OK with no errors in the tool. You should not have to do the pin short.

Bob

Comment

One more thought. Bob, do you think I should try short-circuiting the NAND legs according . to your guide?

Hi belovo,
                      Your wifi n blue chipsets are mt5931 n mt6622 which are different from mk808 n mk808b here. You cant flash these in order to get them work. Although imit mx1 n ug007 are using the same wifi n bt chipsets, their mobo n usb socket are different from yours.
                      You should try back your original rom or get the special custom rom based on mk808 with mt5931 n mt6622 module.
                      If you get the rom from buyer, could you send a copy to me? Or, u can wait custom rom of mk802iiis which is most likely suitable your minipc i guess.
                      If you flash your rom, you can only press the reset buttom and plug the OTG cable into your computer. You may need to install driver so you can see it in device manager and you can see flash rom mode in flash tool.

Comment

smarcoytst, I've contacted the seller for the original firmware. No replies so far, might be due to the holidays. I sincerely hope they're giving it to me, I'm really desperate to get my gear back to working condition. I'll certainly share it with you, unless they'll ask me not to do so (that might be a subject to their copyright or something like that).

If they reject, I'm thinking that maybe we could find someone who has the same device and ask him/her to dump the firmware (I wonder if that's possible actually). Do you have any idea how to do that?

Comment

Small update.

I've just found someone having exactly same issues with his MK808/MT 5931. Well it appears that such kind of MK808s are sold particularly in Russia.

Anyway, that guy managed to contact his seller for the firmware. I'm downloading it right now and it's painfully slow (2.5 kb/s).

Crossing my fingers. Will post back with the results and the firmware, in case of success.

--
                          Source: http://4pda.ru/forum/lofiversion/ind...06228-600.html

Comment

PLEASE.... when you get this firmware and if it solves your issues, PLEASE upload it and PM me the link so I can make a better ROM from this.

Thanks,
                            Bob

Comment

Small update.

I've just found someone having exactly same issues with his MK808/MT 5931. Well it appears that such kind of MK808s are sold particularly in Russia.

Anyway, that guy managed to contact his seller for the firmware. I'm downloading it right now and it's painfully slow (2.5 kb/s).

Crossing my fingers. Will post back with the results and the firmware, in case of success.

--
                              Source: http://4pda.ru/forum/lofiversion/ind...06228-600.html
                              Wait for your result

Comment

Working...
                              X