PMID704 Question/Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PMID704 Question/Help

Bought my son one of these for Christmas, and after I figured out how to install play, I also installed and ran busy box and su. Wow..this sucker was rooted out of the box! Anyway, it's a pretty cool little tablet after I removed a bunch of bloat, but it's still pretty laggy. Anyone know if there are any ROMs or tweaks that can fix that issue? I UTFSE but didn't see any threads about this model.

It's cool to see these tabs getting support! Thanks everyone and have a great night!

Originally posted by kingofthecouch View Post
    Bought my son one of these for Christmas, and after I figured out how to install play, I also installed and ran busy box and su. Wow..this sucker was rooted out of the box! Anyway, it's a pretty cool little tablet after I removed a bunch of bloat, but it's still pretty laggy. Anyone know if there are any ROMs or tweaks that can fix that issue? I UTFSE but didn't see any threads about this model.

It's cool to see these tabs getting support! Thanks everyone and have a great night!
    go into developer options and make sure "Force GPU rendering" is checked-that should give you an immediate bump in speed. You can also checkout 'setcpu' from google play which will allow you to overclock your tablet (not sure by how much-you'll have to play with it and MAKE SURE you find a stable one BEFORE setting 'apply at boot'!)
    https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
      go into developer options and make sure "Force GPU rendering" is checked-that should give you an immediate bump in speed. You can also checkout 'setcpu' from google play which will allow you to overclock your tablet (not sure by how much-you'll have to play with it and MAKE SURE you find a stable one BEFORE setting 'apply at boot'!)
      Thanks, that one tip actually fixed most of my problems on the PMID705X with speed and even allows Google+ huddles to work. I've had no luck doing that with the 704 though. A custom rom for the 704 without the bloat and with things like Google+ huddles would be nice though.

Comment

Originally posted by Howie69 View Post
        Thanks, that one tip actually fixed most of my problems on the PMID705X with speed and even allows Google+ huddles to work. I've had no luck doing that with the 704 though. A custom rom for the 704 without the bloat and with things like Google+ huddles would be nice though.
        Cool-glad I could help. Unfortunately, a custom ROM for a tablet I don't have to test with is wrought with pitfalls (not the least of which is the 'hit or miss' nature). About the best I could probably do without a device is debloat and add the Play store, but I'd definitely need folks to test.

BTW, someone was complaining that the modified stock for the 705X didn't have proper SU-I've dropped in a known good SU for anyone to try...
        https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
          Cool-glad I could help. Unfortunately, a custom ROM for a tablet I don't have to test with is wrought with pitfalls (not the least of which is the 'hit or miss' nature). About the best I could probably do without a device is debloat and add the Play store, but I'd definitely need folks to test.

BTW, someone was complaining that the modified stock for the 705X didn't have proper SU-I've dropped in a known good SU for anyone to try...

I tried it. It works

Comment

Working...
          X