MK808B Issues in General in Fin's Rom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK808B Issues in General in Fin's Rom

Just wondering who else out there is having some issues. Just got my TV stick, love it, have some flashing experience with phone and what not. Not blaming anyone just wondering if anyone else out there is having some of the same issues I'm having.

1. Netflix or Xfinity Play wont load, they just goes back to home screen.
    2. Cant get PS3 controller to work with games, and if it did not sure about how the controls map out.
    (GTA III, Grabatron, NFS Most Wanted, E. Warriors 2)
    3. Nothing works in ROM toolbox or ROM Manager (No big deal just thought I'd poke around)
    4. Cant benchmark anything (AnTuTu, Quadrant Standard, sometimes SpeedTest works{12D:6U in Mbits})

I understand that this is a new device that few have maybe some of ya with the mk808 have had similar issues, I'm still play around with them but any advice may save me some time or frustration.

And Happy New Years!

5. Sound pops and crackles, used a few different video players and it's all the same. possible problem with audio driver. Makes movie watching unbearable.

Tried another ROM "stock_with_goodies_mk808B.12.28.12.img" and still same problem. Back on Finless's since it's little more cleaned up, but looks like it needs a firmware update from the oem or a good hacking... if only had the skills

Comment

Originally posted by AndyC View Post
      5. Sound pops and crackles, used a few different video players and it's all the same. possible problem with audio driver. Makes movie watching unbearable.

Tried another ROM "stock_with_goodies_mk808B.12.28.12.img" and still same problem. Back on Finless's since it's little more cleaned up, but looks like it needs a firmware update from the oem or a good hacking... if only had the skills
      Too bad you're having these problems man. I have it installed on my MK808B and everything works perfect. Could it be that you have the "Fake" version of the MK808B? I've heard that there are some units out there that are not the real deal.

Comment

So in the release note Finless warned to install it on the MK808B Version.

As I have the B Version, is it still save to install the 1.6 ROM Version or not ??

Many thanks.

Regards, Stefan.

Comment

Originally posted by hartiberlin View Post
          So in the release note Finless warned to install it on the MK808B Version.

As I have the B Version, is it still save to install the 1.6 ROM Version or not ??

Many thanks.

Regards, Stefan.
          I think it is safe to install it but as I wrote, there are some fake MK808B out there and I think they have a different chip for wifi and bluetooth than the original MK808B.

Comment

Okay, thanks !

I will then first open up my stick and see, what chips are inside before I will do the
            1.6 Rom flashing.

Many thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by hartiberlin View Post
              Okay, thanks !

I will then first open up my stick and see, what chips are inside before I will do the
              1.6 Rom flashing.

Many thanks !
              Be VERY careful not to break fragile antenna wires.

Probly safer to try firmware.

Comment

Working...
              X