Surround Sound iMito MX1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surround Sound iMito MX1

Hello I'm new to the forums and have tried searching for some info on the surround sound possibility on the iMito MX1. Is this a hardware limitation or with software update this could be possible.

I love this little unit on what it can do but from a home theater use if it can do only 2 channel its no good. Also has anyone been able to stream 1080p over wifi. I can connect at 135mbps but it wont stream 1080p using MX Player. Any ideas, would like to stick to wifi is possible.

As I'm new to this all, anything I should have as a must for installing on this unit.

Thanks in advance.

AccordXTC

bump

Comment

This is what I think your looking for. http://www.amazon.com/External-Chann.../dp/B000TYR14U

Comment

Yea I've seen those items already but its just a 3.5 jack. This unit has HDMI 1.4 even if it was 1.3 should still be able to more then just two channel over the HDMI.

Comment

In theory you should connect the MX1 via HDMI to your TV and your TV to a 5.1 system via its outputs for audio.
          I think that's the way to do it.

Comment

I have the MX1 connected via the HDMI on my Panasonic 55VT50, this TV supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) which means when I connect any HDMI to the TV it will carry the audio back down to my Denon AVR-891 receiver.

I've also plugged this MX1 into my receiver and will only still do 2 channel. What I find hard to believe is how many people have these units, MX1 GK802 MK808 etc but don't talk about surround sound working lol.

Should one assume no one here has a TV they use these on and just use a computer monitor lol

The Raspberry PI will do surround sound so can't be to hard to implement or maybe its a Android issue that I'm thinking it looks like.

Comment

I have it iMito mx1 in my bedroom right now, I may purchase another one for the living room TV. At that time I will then look to make surround sound work with that TV.

Comment

Android does not support anything more than 2 channel. Sorry but I beat this horse past death. All players play the audio through the android sound api which converts everything to 2 channel.

Right now I am waiting on this http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-A...each+usb+audio
                it has been proven to work, but no-one has tested 5.1 so I'm spending my cash to be the guinea pig. If I do indeed get 5.1 out of it I'll report back here.

Comment

What about bluetooth for stereo like here http://www.mobileburn.com/definition.jsp?term=A2DP http://www.mp3car.com/car-audio/1488...annel-amp.html

Comment

So the MX1 has bluetooth and my Panasonic 55VT50 supports bluetooth devices even for audio. I'm going to try that to see if thats a possibility that would work.

As for the USB Turtle Beach unit I hope that works too but just like the fact this unit is small, when you start plugging in all these add on's you might as well just stick with a WDLive or Boxee.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordXTC View Post
                      Hello I'm new to the forums and have tried searching for some info on the surround sound possibility on the iMito MX1. Is this a hardware limitation or with software update this could be possible.

I love this little unit on what it can do but from a home theater use if it can do only 2 channel its no good. Also has anyone been able to stream 1080p over wifi. I can connect at 135mbps but it wont stream 1080p using MX Player. Any ideas, would like to stick to wifi is possible.

As I'm new to this all, anything I should have as a must for installing on this unit.

Thanks in advance.

AccordXTC
                      Your here. Link google trans
                      Code:
                      http://translate.google.com.vn/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=vi&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hdvietnam.com%2Fdiendan%2F229-android-box%2F477269-review-imito-mx1-android-4-1-a-8.html&act=url

Comment

Originally posted by AccordXTC View Post
                        So the MX1 has bluetooth and my Panasonic 55VT50 supports bluetooth devices even for audio. I'm going to try that to see if thats a possibility that would work.

As for the USB Turtle Beach unit I hope that works too but just like the fact this unit is small, when you start plugging in all these add on's you might as well just stick with a WDLive or Boxee.
                        This difference is that this is more than Boxee and way more than WDLive. I have a boxee unit setup and never used it for anything more than movies. With this device I am getting the full Android experience which includes games productivity apps, music, movies, Netflix, internet TV shows, and so much more.

I used to have a server setup with two 1Tb drives using a Intel Pentium 4 CPU running Windows Home server. Then I had another PC setup with Boxee just to stream. Between those two I would pull nearly 180 watts just for a movie. Now with this setup and those drives plugged into this unit I am only pulling 15 watts. Plus all the server stuff(FTP, website for family, DNS updater, DLNA server and WebDav server) is on a Coby tablet with a broken touch screen. Between both units I am pulling only 20 watts and doing the same as I was before.

So far Android has really become my go to OS and if I could put it on my laptops fully functional then I would. Windows is old hat and Linux is missing to much of the fun stuff(games and the such). I am totally satisfied with Android so far.

Ok enough of that and back on topic, BT wont due 5.1 so that is a dead end.

Comment

Thats great to read about you saving power but as much as this little thing goes, I wouldn't get to excited doing Netflix as that is still only doing 2 channel audio again. My TV does Netflix with 5.1 lol I was more so looking for a small form factor replacement to my existing media player.

In my case with the TV I have and what it already will do, there isn't much this unit could do besides play more movie codecs that's all. I find it more so funny how everyone with these type of units is either enjoying 2 channel stereo mix on a surround receiver or using a little computer monitor lol.

Originally posted by reddragon72 View Post
                          This difference is that this is more than Boxee and way more than WDLive. I have a boxee unit setup and never used it for anything more than movies. With this device I am getting the full Android experience which includes games productivity apps, music, movies, Netflix, internet TV shows, and so much more.

I used to have a server setup with two 1Tb drives using a Intel Pentium 4 CPU running Windows Home server. Then I had another PC setup with Boxee just to stream. Between those two I would pull nearly 180 watts just for a movie. Now with this setup and those drives plugged into this unit I am only pulling 15 watts. Plus all the server stuff(FTP, website for family, DNS updater, DLNA server and WebDav server) is on a Coby tablet with a broken touch screen. Between both units I am pulling only 20 watts and doing the same as I was before.

So far Android has really become my go to OS and if I could put it on my laptops fully functional then I would. Windows is old hat and Linux is missing to much of the fun stuff(games and the such). I am totally satisfied with Android so far.

Ok enough of that and back on topic, BT wont due 5.1 so that is a dead end.

Comment

Working...
                          X