Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UG802 Newbie SD Card Install for 1.6 or 1.7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UG802 Newbie SD Card Install for 1.6 or 1.7?

I put 1.4 on back in October and what a vast improvement it was. The Audio / Video is out of sync on MX Player so I'm looking to update to 1.6 or 1.7 however there still doesnt appear to be the quick/safe way to install via update.img file from SD Card. Is this the case? Can anyone supply a link if I'm wrong?

I tried the 1.7 PC install but it didnt work for me ><

Thanks all in advance..

It is not possible to update to 1.7 or 1.6 due to the perameter file changes and kernel changes.

However recent news is we now know how to make boot.img with kernel inside! So later it might be possible to make a update.img from SDcard. BUT you will still be stuck at small APP space in parameter file. You will never be able to get the adjusted APP space using update.img. That will simply not reformat the parition spaces ever.

Anyway, I plan to work on a update.img approach over the next week or so that will at least allow people to update without the extra APP space.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      It is not possible to update to 1.7 or 1.6 due to the perameter file changes and kernel changes.

However recent news is we now know how to make boot.img with kernel inside! So later it might be possible to make a update.img from SDcard. BUT you will still be stuck at small APP space in parameter file. You will never be able to get the adjusted APP space using update.img. That will simply not reformat the parition spaces ever.

Anyway, I plan to work on a update.img approach over the next week or so that will at least allow people to update without the extra APP space.

Bob
      IS THERE AN UPDATE.IMG YET? I REALLY WANT TO TRY THIS ROM, BUT NOT WILLING TO BRICK MY DEVICE DOING IT THE HARD WAY!

Comment

Bob
        Bob, if you flashed 1.7 "The hard way" and have the 1gig app space, is it then possible to use update.img on say finless 1,8 rom when itsout?
        the mini usb connector came of the board and with that it broke some copperlanes i managed to solder the power back on
        but now i have no more otg / connect to pc possibility.

mark

Comment

Well first I do not know if there will be a 1.8 ROM. But if kernel has not changed in later ROMs, then yes. If kernel changes then you either need to install CWM from _Fun or fix your USB port.

Bob

Comment

Well first I do not know if there will be a 1.8 ROM. But if kernel has not changed in later ROMs, then yes. If kernel changes then you either need to install CWM from _Fun or fix your USB port.

Bob
            Is there an update.zip for the 1.7 Rom yet? I have tried my best to flash it using my PC, but with my limited knowledge I am struggling. I have an mk809. I get to the bit where I type 'adb reboot bootloader' and my device just powers off and the flash tool cannot detect it.

Comment

If kernel changes then you either need to install CWM from _Fun or fix your USB port.

Bob
              Fixed the usb, tested the flash tool and everything works fine.
              problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by DiSrUpTeR View Post
                Fixed the usb, tested the flash tool and everything works fine.
                problem solved.
                Congrats!

Bob

Comment

Usb broke so need update.img

My usb broke 3 months ago and a botched attempt to fix it I ruined the data lanes so I need the update.img you mentioned a month ago. I dont mind waiting another month just would like to know if any progress has been done?
                  Thanks for you hard work Bob

Bob

Comment

Any news on this? Still waiting for a method to update my ug802 from sd card :/ I really dont need much space for apps as long its enough for mxplayer and 2-3 more apps^^

Comment

Nothing?

Comment

Any news?

Comment

I think we will have to stay with 1.4 Rom till we replace our device :/

Comment

Working...
                          X